Amuse Titanium Y Pipe - Where from?

Adrian@TORQEN

There you go :lol:

NOTES: After Amuse made the exhaust for the 350Z and had dynoed it, they decided to build a y-pipe that would remove the catalytic converters on the vehicle in order to test the restriction caused by them. Although a big jump in power resulted, the car runs very lean. As such, Amuse will not offer the y-pipe until they can come up with a fuel enrichment system to go with it. Also, keep in mind that this y-pipe also removes the catalytic converters from the vehicle making it illegal to drive on public roads and highways.

I can get a full range of other brand ypipes that will complement the exhaust, let me know if I can help :thumbs:

No joy im afraid, can only offer a range of stainless steel.

To be totally honest the difference in weight and performance of just the titanium y pipe is really not going to be that noticeable.

You have the best bit in titanium already, I can keep trying and give the suppliers a ring later when they wake up but at best you will be looking over a grand and it will be a special order from Japan (which could be tricky at the mo).

BTW, any idea if I should let the insurer know about the new exhaust? Is that considered as a mod? Have no clue :)

Yes! You need to tell them everything. A Mod is anything that wasn't on it when it left the factory. ;)

It's not worth the risk as they may use it as an excuse to void your cover if the worst was to happen.

OK, will call now, cheers!

In the event of an accident, assuming the car is written off, is this likely to be covered by the insurance as well, the price of the new exhaust?

Thanks!

depends who you are insured with, some do like for like insurance so you get the same mods back if written off. some just bump up the total insurance price but you would get OEM back and not the aftermarket in event of a write off.

Have you thought about a Stillen Y Pipe and a pairs of Berk HFCs? You could also speak to Abbey about their XYZ pipe?

I installed my Berk high flow cats last weekend (the decats were too smelly and too raspy for me) and I am very pleased with the fit and finish. As an added bonus the Berk HFCs are much lighter than then OEM cats.

Matt

Matt, what was the damage on your wallet for that setup, if you don't mind me asking, please?

Have you thought about a Stillen Y Pipe and a pairs of Berk HFCs? You could also speak to Abbey about their XYZ pipe?

I installed my Berk high flow cats last weekend (the decats were too smelly and too raspy for me) and I am very pleased with the fit and finish. As an added bonus the Berk HFCs are much lighter than then OEM cats.

Matt

• 7 months later...

Oh, well... Finally decided what Y pipe to get as a nice one came available on the "For sale section" :teeth:

Got it today! :yahoo:

Will use some Autosol on it before it gets fitted. It should sound fantastic with the Amuse Titanium R1 exahaust + Berk HFCs + JWT PopCharger, can't wait to have it fitted!

Video available soon :lol::lol:

md1.jpg

md2.jpg

md3.jpg