Cadwell Park, the pics and action.

AK350Z

Excellent day yesterday, stayed over in Leeds before a 5.30am get up, and heading over to Cadwell. As it turned out it was a sessioned day with cars and bikes alternating, so I got a 20min session every hour, which to be honest was enough for me and the poor car!

There were a few nobs present, I was quite suspicious when I arrived of a group of lads with too many pairs of traccie bottoms and beat up cars; a golf vr6, a couple of BMW 325's and a Corsa. One of the group got black flagged in the first session :dry:

Said Golf and Blue BMW both, at different times tried to come up the inside of me in the last 50 yards of the left hander before the mountain! Kindly leaving me the choice of either getting T-boned or stopping dead in the track. :angry: Anyway, Mr. blue bmw was about to get black flagged in the afternoon, but did us all a favour and wrapped it around the Armco right outside the cafe. :lol: Just as I found out who had crashed, I said to one of the MSV instructors, "Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!", and he replied "I know, it's saved us a job".

IMAG0216-1.jpg

Some other metal on show, including another 350Z. I think he's been on here before, but I gave him a card and hopefully he'll be along again to re-introduce himself :thumbs: Also carded another potential buyer, so keeping the club end up :thumbs:

IMAG0201.jpg

Supercharged, low and wide S2000. 350bhp apparently. Very fast and loud.

IMAG0202.jpg

I had a passenger lap in the Exige in the afternoon. Oh. My. God. It was actually rediculous how fast it went round corners! No lifting, no braking, just maximum attack everywhere. I was actually left shaking by the experience :surrender: Pulling those lateral G's around Coppice and Charlies for the first time I was nearly screaming roller-coaster style! :lol: I didn't help that there's no "@*!# handles" in the cabin either, I just had to sit on my hands.

Dicks in cars - defensive driving is a must!:

IMAG0204.jpg

IMAG0206.jpg

IMAG0207.jpg

Car of the day for me; Lotus 2Eleven, supercharged! Insanley quick, owned by a nice Harry Metcalf-type gentleman. Had a trailer for it, but it was also taxed. Aston Martin for the daily driver by the way :lol:

IMAG0208.jpg

IMAG0209.jpg

IMAG0210.jpg

RYE_5396.jpg

RYE_5235.jpg

RYE_4367.jpg

MAT_4789.jpg

MAT_4329.jpg

MAT_3583.jpg

MAT_3411.jpg

Looks great buddy one off my favourite tracks. Mr Metcalfe hadn't taken the zonda then? Read he's buying a ferrari FF to god knows where all his money comes from can't just be the evo mag none of the others seem as flush :lol:

My favourite car is the Orange Westfield B)

Yeah, I think the real Mr. Metcalfe has some old money behind him, especially with the big farm etc. He is having a clearout in preperation though. I expect he's banking on selling it within a year and not loosing too much (If any) money.

I was in the other Zed! Thanks for posting these up.

It was my first track day so I didn't know what to expect but I had a fantastic time. I am already trying to decide where to go for my next trackday!

Leaving aside some "interesting" driving by a minority, the other drivers were a good bunch and it was great to see another Zed there.

I will try and post some photos later.

Ed

Looks like you had a great day Andrew.................Have you now got the bug? ;)

For the sake of my girlfriend and bank balance, I'd better hope not! ;)

Might need to order some uprated pads though....

Hello again Ed! :thumbs:

Pictures as promised (I hope!).

Getting chased down by the 211.

Cadwell211.jpg

Fun at Cadwell

Cadview.jpg

I was very pleased by the way the Zed handled on the track and the chance to keep the V6 high up in the rev range for long periods made for a good soundtrack (although Andrew's Nismo exhaust is something else! mine is stock).

Intro post to follow.

Ed

Looks and sounds like an excellent day Andrew. Some great action shots and still pics.

It certainly looks like a technically demanding track.

Do you get any records of lap times or is it just the thrill & satisfaction of knowing your are going quicker (hopefully) and 'hooking-up' a series of corners?

Definitely the latter! It's just like a perfectly surfaced b-road. I think the lap takes about 2 minutes, but I'm not sure.

I'm getting the itch to do something similar now. Must be great to do the first track day in the dry and not have to worry about speed cameras :thumbs:

....even if you do have keep your wits about you for less courteous drivers! :thumbdown:

Ahh yes, the tuition. Or lack thereof!

One of the instructors was ill, so I ended up losing out on my space. Obviously got my money back on that bit, but in the meantime I managed to have a craic with one of the other intructors between his other lessons, so i got a few tips.

Another reason to go back and finish off though eh? ;)

Ah thats a shame, but at least you got a little time with one of them. Definately worth having a go with one of them just so you can see how much you are doing right and wrong and teaches you the line a lot quicker, not that theres a lot you can do about that now :lol:

It was missed, but not massively. I still had plenty to do exploring the track and car, talking to other drivers, and generally taking it all in.

P.S. I have seen there is a trackday at Oulton Park the Friday before the Wales run. Very handy - although it is on the far side of £200...