baaad baaaad british roads :(

eck1

Was giving the Z its first real clean of the year as the weather started off good only to find this!

http://img845.imageshack.us/i/photo8i.jpg/

Cracked straight through and all i can think of is its done from the terrible roads/potholes in my area, as they havent been powder coated or had anything done to them other then being sprayed from being bought. Now iv been weighing my options about the past day or so, and basically have come to these options;

1, Try source another replacement - Been discontinued for 2 years now, all the suppliers iv tried in the uk dont have them and cant source them from japan so this option is very very unlikely as they are a rare wheel in the UK, especially in 20"

2, Alloy welding - Not looking at all to go down this route as id never trust the integrity of the alloy again.

3, Brand new set - Looking mainly at this one, but what do you think are nice options along in the 20's catagory as there dont seem to be many nice ones about these days ( quite fussy have to be 20x10 40/42 offset rear and 20x9 30 offset front and chrome/polished lips ofc!)

As for the way the damage is caused has anyone had any advice on a possible claim against the council? or if its even worth going down that route?

Thanks!

ohh and they did look like this befor if anyone was interested;

http://img696.imageshack.us/i/photo7u.jpg/

And i still dont know how to hotlink images! :bangin:

Looks like I'm going to have to go and get some photos of it and see how I get on with it, does kind of suck!

Ahhh thanks rothers!

And the wheels are blitz technospeed type 03

I'll have to let you know how I get on for future reference if anyone else has the same problem

Looks like I'm going to have to go and get some photos of it and see how I get on with it, does kind of suck!

Ahhh thanks rothers!

And the wheels are blitz technospeed type 03

I'll have to let you know how I get on for future reference if anyone else has the same problem

Hi Mate

thats really tough

unfortunately I work for a Local Auth (not yours I hasten to add) - but I'm afraid you've got a about a 1% chance of success......and thats being optimistic :byebye:

Sorry to say it mate but - you've got no chance claiming from the council.

You would have to prove that it was that particular pothole that caused the damage, that you were driving at the correct speed, that you did everything you could to avoid it etc...

Save yourself the endless frustration.

That said, you should still make a complaint and demand that the pothole be repaired - might save somebody else the same fate.

Good luck with the wheels. :)

Best of luck. Also discontinued. :byebye:

029.jpg

I had a similar thing to this on one of my motorbikes - i hit into a curb and it bent the front wheel just like this. I took it to a local place and they heated the alloy up and bent it back.... did a pefect job of it and 20,000 miles later still no problems.

With the OP`s cracked alloy, I think the only choice if you cant get a replacement is to get a whole new set - then keep an eye out on ebay to see if anyone ever sells a single alloy the same as the old one!

That crack is bad. Could a professional repairer fix it? http://www.premierwheelrepairs.com/ maybe worth an ask?

It can be repaired by welding it but it's something I'm not keen on as the alloys integrity has already been compromised, so it looks like a new set as a replacement set/wheel is impossible to source; any suggestions??

Alex still has the 19" Nismo LMGT4s for sale I believe. :cloud9: