Tyre Help

Beau

Hi Guys. Need some help!

I am thinking of running 275 35 19 on the front.... Will this work without any problems?

I dont want it to touch the inner arch!

What are other people running?

Thanks, Beau

Hi Guys. Need some help!

I am thinking of running 275 35 19 on the front.... Will this work without any problems?

Thanks, Beau

Are you having a laugh. :lol::lol::lol:

Of course it will not work. :headhurt:

And please do not dare to ask why :wacko:

Hi Guys. Need some help!

Thanks, Beau

Bloody hell those are big fronts :wacko: I use 275's on a 9.5 rear and 245's on the 8.5 front

you do realise the consequences of changing the tyre size so large on the car. You will seriously upset the balance and handling of the car.

Nissan recommend 245/35/19 as thats what comes on the nismo lmgt4's when ordered.

Hi Guys. Need some help!

Thanks, Beau

There are plenty of people that have 275 or wider fronts without issues. All depends on your choice of offset,tyre make and what camber you have.

Why not pop over to my350z.com and check out the aggresive wheel threads.

Just out of interest what width are the rims front and back and what size size tyres are you fitting to the rear? If the stagger I'm width isn't similar to standard then you will upset the balance of the car ridiculously. But if your all about show and no go then maybe you'll get on ok with it.

Some yanks have done 275+ at the front, still seems like a silly thing to do though:

http://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tire ... und-2.html

I must admit it does look pretty good but what does it drive like, wouldn't it make the steering a bit heavy? You would also need something like 305's on the back to keep the TC happy. That Yank car has been seriously lowered too and would be a complete non starter for everyday driving here in the U.K unless you never left the Motorway (or your garage):) .

Pete

Some yanks have done 275+ at the front, still seems like a silly thing to do though:

http://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tire ... und-2.html

I must admit it does look pretty good but what does it drive like, wouldn't it make the steering a bit heavy? You would also need something like 305's on the back to keep the TC happy. That Yank car has been seriously lowered too and would be a complete non starter for everyday driving here in the U.K unless you never left the Motorway (or your garage):) .

Pete

They probably drive like utter crap, even 255's seem to make the steering a bit heavy.

But then again, they're not modified to handle/go better, they're modified to look better (in certain opinions).

I'm not saying it's a good idea to do it though, but I bet you could.

Well firstly the front width size are 9.5J and with a offset of 35. I am also going to stick 20mm spacers all round. The plan is to run 265 35 19 in front and 285 35 19 rear... I dont see much of a problem doing this. Also I dont like running too much of a small rim on such wide wheels are the wheel pops out too much.... Also susceptible to curbing ect....

Just my Opinion! :)

Well firstly the front width size are 9.5J and with a offset of 35. I am also going to stick 20mm spacers all round. The plan is to run 265 35 19 in front and 285 35 19 rear... I dont see much of a problem doing this. Also I dont like running too much of a small rim on such wide wheels are the wheel pops out too much.... Also susceptible to curbing ect....

If you mean 285 at the rear, 285 is pretty fat on 10.5", I really wouldn't on a 9.5" rim. Though 255 is ever so slightly stretched on 9.5.

265 would be better for protection, but i'd still run 255 personally. Another thing to note, 285/35/19 is pretty much guaranteed to rub at the rear.

If you mean 285 at the rear, 285 is pretty fat on 10.5", I really wouldn't on a 9.5" rim. Though 255 is ever so slightly stretched on 9.5.

265 would be better for protection, but i'd still run 255 personally. Another thing to note, 285/35/19 is pretty much guaranteed to rub at the rear.

Guaranteed to rub at the back! :scare: I dont want that... You sure? I wont be lowering it at all and Im making sure that it sits inside the arch and not on the edge....

Guaranteed to rub at the back! :scare: I dont want that... You sure? I wont be lowering it at all and Im making sure that it sits inside the arch and not on the edge....

Yes, mine rubbed at stock height on 285's at the rear, had the arches rolled. 275 would be pretty much perfect.

Yes, mine rubbed at stock height on 285's at the rear, had the arches rolled. 275 would be pretty much perfect.

But what offset did you have at the back?

But what offset did you have at the back?

+18, 10.5", 3mm isn't going to be enough.