Range Rover Evoque

Husky

B) That's definitely on the cool wall..like that a lot and the price is not bad either..would have thought it would be a £50-£60K car. Much better looking than most SUV on the market at the moment..hope the interior/gadgets is as good as the exterior.

Do they paint them and screw them together properly and have them sold by dealers that actually give a toss about the customer receiving the level of service they state in their advertising material?

If so, I may look at one in the future, second hand, from an independent.

Most customer service of any marque(even the German ones) are the same these days..all they care about is getting u to part with your hard earned and they couldn't care less what happens after that..poor after sale customer service :thumbdown:

I think they have to create a school/college/course about business etiquette for all dealership staff..sales and service team!

Yup, it seems the way of the world at present, everyone seems to have totaly forgone any form of customer service in favour of smash and grab on customers wallets. Ill not be buying new again as I may as well have bought from Freds Fair Deal Motors such was the service I received.

Slightly OT, but Does anyone else get annoyed when in supermarkets at the tills, the operators are busy having a chat with each other rather than paying attention to the customer. In some cases sticking their hand out for the money while still chatting with their mate about last nights drinking session. Ive come close to dumping the shopping and walking off if they cant be arsed to serve me as a customer properly.

Maybe Im just turning into Victor Meldrew. :shrug::lol:

I reckon the evoque will however wipe the floor with the small 4x4 market if priced correctly. People who want the brand name and footballers wife image will lap this up, regardless of whether the dealer is a cowboy or not. It appears that manufacturers know this, so they dont bother investing time in ensuring that their dealers give a quality service. Afterall, what should the manufacturer care if the products are flying off the shelves. The aftercare isn't their issue.

This is going to be the most popular car where I live when it goes on sale.

I think it's a great looking bus but I seem to remember discussing this with Husky before and it was MUCH smaller than I thought it would be!

Still nice to look at and something I'd consider.

Unfortunately (as with the Range Rover Sport) it will suffer a terrible image in certain parts of the country. I live where there is still farming and still snow and a lot of people (myself included) run about in 4x4s. You can even have a Range Rover Sport here WITHOUT having 'cool' tattoos and a designer skinhead.....

I spent yesterday driving 50 miles cross-country in an Evoque, then building and driving into a range of sand dunes in it, then 50 miles cross-country back to work. It's a hard job but someone's go to do it...

The car was really good on the roads on the way there and back and also very effective in the sand too.

Slightly OT, but Does anyone else get annoyed when in supermarkets at the tills, the operators are busy having a chat with each other rather than paying attention to the customer. In some cases sticking their hand out for the money while still chatting with their mate about last nights drinking session. Ive come close to dumping the shopping and walking off if they cant be arsed to serve me as a customer properly.

no it bugs the living s**t out of me too :rant: worse still, at work the other day I visited one of our other sites and needed to sign in at reception, she was laid back in the chair with a nail file in her hand talking on the headset, it was busy and i was in a hurry. She gave me a look and said into the headset "give me a minute I've got a boy looking lost here". It took everything not to reach over and rip her headset off along with her head. I'm used to getting asked if i'm a manger not a f**king boy! :rant: Utterly pathetic behaviour by people who don't know or simply lack the ability to act professionally :dry:

She was ugly too, the b***ch :p

The car was really good on the roads on the way there and back and also very effective in the sand too.

Glad to hear it. It's a current trend (by Ze Germans) to make 4x4s that are sheeeeite in anything more than road dust. A trend that should die!

I spent yesterday driving 50 miles cross-country in an Evoque, then building and driving into a range of sand dunes in it, then 50 miles cross-country back to work. It's a hard job but someone's go to do it...

we had one out on night test a couple of ago on the fosse roads round my house, brilliant car handled them so well.

It's probably best to buy secondhand though..only time will tell if there's any reliability issues just like any new cars :thumbs: but then again u are covered by manufacturer's warranty

Just out of curiosity, the car is not on the market yet..how did the two of you get to test drive the car?

It's probably best to buy secondhand though..only time will tell if there's any reliability issues just like any new cars :thumbs: but then again u are covered by manufacturer's warranty

Just out of curiosity, the car is not on the market yet..how did the two of you get to test drive the car?

JLR empolyees. ;)

Reliability issues with a Land Rover?????? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: There will definitely be reliability issues! Land Rover customers love the product though and buy them time and time again as the issues are easily forgotten when the product is that good. Even my old 1998 Freelander went to a good home as I wouldn't scrap it! Cracking little car despite all it's faults!

My Dad is thinking on getting a Range Rover again he said. Full fat model though, he's not into the RR Sport as he said it's the 'gay' model! :lol::lol:

Ah..i see JLR employees..bet it must be a cool job testing new cars :thumbs:

That's definitely the biggest perk of the job although I don't get to do it too often.

My Dad is thinking on getting a Range Rover again he said. Full fat model though, he's not into the RR Sport as he said it's the 'gay' model! :lol::lol:

The Full Fat model is my favourite too, so much better than the Sport if you ask me!

I've walked off many times ha ha ......once, when the operator finally acknowledged me I said 'please don't stop talking to your mate, I was just getting interested in your conversation' .... then I dumped the shopping and walked off :p

I quite like the Evoque but think it's deffo a bit girlie