Having Trouble Logging In? (Updated)

Beavis

You need to clear your cookies/cache

In the first instance please try this link and click Yes

ucp.php?mode=delete_cookies

If that fails, you will have to do it manually.

To do this in Internet Explorer goto Tools > General tab > Browsing History > click Delete... > Cookies ticked > click Delete or OK button. Restart IE and try to log in again.

ADDITIONAL NOTE

Tested this on firefox to replicate the problem and this process fixed it for me.

when in firefox, click Tools and then "options" from the list.

Select the privacy tab (little picture of a mask)

Select remove individual cookies from the centre of that box.

find 350z-uk.com in the list and select it (click once so it selects that folder of cookies rather than expand the whole list).

Click remove cookies.

log back in again and all should be well.

Another thing that may sort your login problems is this piece of software which is ccleaner you can download it from here. No pc should be without it imho. :)

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner

Cleans the following:

•Internet Explorer

•Firefox

•Google Chrome

•Opera

•Safari

•Windows - Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files and Log files.

•Registry cleaner

•Third-party applications

•100% Spyware FREE

Feedback will be appreciated if this helps in anyway. :)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in firefox

-with the forum up i pressed Tools > Page info

-go to the Security tab

-hit view cookies

-then just hammer remove cookies on all the forum ones shown.

-press close

-close the page info window

I didnt have to restart for FF to let me log in properly.

Well the forum is well and truly busted on my work PC. Logged on with laptop now which is fine. I did all the things as per instructions on work PC but it's kaput. Probably just as well - should be actually working I suppose! Now somebody needs to cut Chris's fingers off!

You should only have to clear the cookies once and then its done. If you have to do it more then something is wrong with your browser. I've tested it with FireFox, IE 9, 8 & 7, Chrome and iPhone and all work fine.

For those at work, the internet cache may be doing something silly. Try Ctrl+F5 on the various login screens, that should force it to reload all the pages properly.

I cleared mine at work several times and still no joy. Funniest thing was Martin sending me a PM - what bloody use was that? :lol:

One observation though - there is no facility on this site (i don't think) to contact an admin etc if you're not logged in. SO, if I hadn't have had Mart's number to text him and receive his reply ('chris has been meddling' :lol: ) I couldn't have reported a problem to anyone on the site. Some sort of admin email address would be useful.

Chris`I_broke_the_forum@350z-uk.com :lol::lol::lol:

Funny enough, I never had any issue at work, fired up my work laptop at home today and had the issue, same PC, same browser, same shortcut to login!!!!!

Cleared and all good!

Chris`I_broke_the_forum@350z-uk.com :lol::lol::lol:

Funny enough, I never had any issue at work, fired up my work laptop at home today and had the issue, same PC, same browser, same shortcut to login!!!!!

Cleared and all good!

This is what I simply do not understand. I tested the change at like silly o'clock so not to effect people. I didnt need to clear my cookies, and indeed then I looked at them before and after the change, they were the same, and were the same again when I did clear them and IE recreated them :bangin: IE must have been doing something with timestamps or something. I could even copy the 370z cookie over to the 350z cookie and it all worked :wacko:

OK just sorted my problems out.

I am with AOL and even though I deleted all my cookies on my computer under internet options this still prevented me from logging in.

Whilst signed on to AOL I had to go to Settings and then pick A-Z, Web browser and go to a section called clear my footprints and select footprints to clear and tick all the boxs and select clear all and that worked so AOL must hold these files in a different place.

Happy Days are back :bounce::bounce::bounce: