Bush scratches

HassanZ

Meh couple of faffy twigs mate.....whenever the bin men leave the wheelie bin in the middle of my drive (surely knowing that it will require me to leave the car in the middle of the road while I move it) I just plow into it and smash it into the middle of the garden in anger.

........my paintworks still holding up pretty well (although I tend not to do it in Carla's Zed!)

I never use T-cut, I don't trust it at all! I use Autoglym super resin polish, which I didn't really notice an improvement on swirl marks?

I had a scuff on my rear bumper which my colleague removed using G3 and a machine polisher (I work for a automotive company based across the Midlands), the scuff disappeared completely! Do you think this was safe for the thin 350z paint?

How long do I have to wait till I can wax/pressure wash that area? I've been told to let the surface cure before applying anything to it by another friend.

To be honest, AG SRP by hand will do next to naff all. It really has very little abrasive in it but does have fillers to help hide the scratches. You'd be better off buying a proper polish like Poorboys SSR. To get rid of swirls you really need a machine polisher too.

Where they have used G3 I am sure will be fine if they were a pro, you'd assume they knew what they were doing ;)

With SRP, there isnt really any cure time, just let it haze, wipe it off and apply wax over the top. What you need to let cure is the wax. Leave that for a day before you apply more or wash the car again :thumbs:

:lol: Thank you guys for the help (and the banter!), appreciate it! :thumbs:

Yes I know I stress too much about my car, let's hope I calm down!

I had a good laugh reading some of your posts, didn't expect it to turn sexual! :wacko:

Bet you lot were expecting a 'proper' bush! :blush: