anyone know anything about the fashion industry?

SunGodRA

Okay - I guess this is a long shot, especially on a car forum... but anyway...

(PS thanks for all the tips on Paris - we got engaged etc)

Anyway, my new misses is a teacher, she teaches textiles and fashion design etc

but now she wants to setup her own label etc.

She is very talented design wise, but hasnt got a clue about the business side.

I am the opposite - and have some cash to invest in her and her label etc.

Like I say, this is a long shot - anyone got any experience in the fashion industry?

David...

Conglatulations David.

I have absolutely no idea on the fashion business!

I guess the first thing is to design and make stuff and then find an outlet for it......

Getting people to buy it then might be the difficult bit!

My other half's a fashion buyer, the usual business criteria apply. A good product, good quality reliable suppliers (the are agents that can help with this) and good buying prices. A good start to look at suppliers would be Turkey, India and China but this tends to depend on quantities and the product, even down to whether it's wool or cotton for example. If she is to trade from a shop it has to be in an appropriate location for the market. Obviously knowing her market is key. It's a good idea for her to get as much experience in the industry as possible first, in various roles. Good luck :thumbs:

an industry so ugly it reinvents itself every 6 months........... Oscar Wilde

Nuff said B)

Seriously though, good luck ! Get a bloody good photographer - local uni student looking to establish a portfolio is a good move. After all, image is everything :-)

There is a guy from my small village called christopher kane. He was working for versace and now has his own line in topshop. The celebs were wearing his stuff to the brits etc. Top designer and worked very hard. I guess its all about being the right person at the right time and in the right place. Its amazing to see such a star come out of a very small scottish village