Looking to buy a Zed.. any advice welcome!

Sumit1234

Hey guys

first post here... been lookin at a Zed for couple months and just looking for some advice really as it will be my first car that i will be buying myself (have only driven family cars for past 6 -7 years, as have been working in different parts of the country/world and didn't need constant access to a car!) - please bare with me though as i'm in no way a car expert!

i must admit i tried to stop myself from buying it due to running costs but whenever i look at anything else, no other cars come close in terms of price, styling, power, and is quite rare to see on a day to day basis!

so i was really wondering about the following:

- when speaking to sellers/dealers, what would i need to be looking for in terms of things that could be wrong with the Zed? i know that these cars have great reliability but is there anything that normally goes e.g. electric window motors (like on skyline 350gt)

- I'm 6'4" tall...is this going to be an issue? i know i need to test drive one but if there is anyone else who is similar height, how have you found it driving in the long term and over long journeys?

- i was looking to get one with up to 55-60k miles on the clock.. or is that really high for such a high powered car?

One i found on autotrader that looked really sweet was this:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

any thoughts?

Many thanks in advance for the time and help!

:welcome:

pretty bullet proof if they are well maintained, height shouldn't be an issue lots of tall driver son here; also tends to be a comfy drive for most.

items to check would be the gear box; drop links and Rear CV joint. apart from that not much else.

Hi and welcome to the forum. :)

Have a look at the post for new members in the FAQ section, there is a link to the buyers guide in there. There arent many issues and most are pretty obvious.

There are quite a few taller members on here and they seem to manage without any problems.

60k miles is nothing for these cars as long as they have been correctly serviced.

Feel free to post up if you want a local member to view the car with you. The members on here are a very helpful bunch. :thumbs:

Welcome to the forum :) . As already stated there are some very tall 350Z drivers here, one of whom is 6'7" so there shouldn't be a problem. The black Zed you are looking at seems fine but you do need to check the service history, based on mileage and age that one should have had six services. Very little goes wrong with them, there are several owners on this forum who have Zed's with 90k+ on the clock.

Pete

Well worth looking into :thumbs: , mileage is exceptionally low, make sure that's not a mistake!! No mention of service history, if that mileage is correct it's likely that some of the services will have been skipped, I don't see that as a big issue as long as it's had at least one P3 service and a couple of P1's. Also with low mileage Zed's there can be other issues with pitted and rusty brakes. One other thing, the tyres need to be replaced after 5 years regardless of mileage as the rubber starts to perish around then, the tyres should have a date of manufacture on the sidewall. If you can get details from the seller, I think you need the VIN number and the registration number you can check online the mileage at every MOT :)

Pete

Welcome to the forum :) . As already stated there are some very tall 350Z drivers here, one of whom is 6'7" so there shouldn't be a problem. The black Zed you are looking at seems fine.......

Pete

That'll probably be me then :lol:

There's marginally more headroom in the non-GT model (manually operated seat base seems a tad lower) but you'll be fine in either.

Black Zeds seem to fit tall people better :thumbs: