Gliptone'd my front seats today

glrnet

Not sure that this is a mod but it's interior. :wacko:

I bought some Gliptone this week, cleanser, conditioner and scuffmaster which is like a new dye.

Here are a couple of before and after pix, it was still drying but I'm pretty pleased with it so far, the bolster was horrible before I started. It's had three coats and I'll see what it looks like when it's dried properly and maybe do another coat. :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

http://www.liquidleather.com/car-shop.html

Is it the 250ml Scuffmaster Automotive Kit what you went for?

Contents: 250ml Dye / 250ml GT12 & GT11 / 15ml Leather Degreasant, 65ml Gloss Enhancer / 1 x Cotton Cloth / 1 x Towelling Cloth / 1 x Nail Brush

1 x Small Leather Scented Air Freshener

£53

My seats are in a right state (from previous owners) cracking everywhere, especially where your arse goes on the perforated leather - several big flakes of the black 'top coat' come off to show orangey dry unfinished leather underneath... stands out like a sore thumb :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

i tried using this stuff...and to be honest, i never saw that much of a difference? i followed the instructions, damp cloth, gt12 and nail brush it in, then 10% water with dye then sponge it into the cracks and scuffs... let it dry, damp cloth the excess... i never used the small shine bottle.. so im not sure what i did wrong... certainly not getting the results others are getting..:shrug:

My seats were a right ****ing mess... thank you previous owner!

Anyway, Gliptone Scuffmaster kit is the bollocks! Not perfect, but a LOT better!

Pics of the damage/neglect;

seatbefore.jpg

seatbefore1.jpg

seatbefore2.jpg

seatbolsterbefore.jpg

Leather cleaner, agitate with nailbrush, wipe off, repeat;

cleaner1.jpg

cleaner2.jpg

cleaner3.jpg

cleaner4.jpg

Scuffmaster colour dye/top coat for repair, wipe on with sponge, dab excess off, repeat.

colour1.jpg

colour2.jpg

colour3.jpg

colour5.jpg

colour6.jpg

Leather conditioner, wipe on, dry, repeat... pleased with the results and would definitely reccommend it :D

Excess conditioner in the perforations... (white dots) will soak in.

treat1.jpg

treat2.jpg

treat6.jpg

treat7.jpg

• 2 months later...