Making an offer...

Peter10

Hello all :wave:,

Right, I have found the Z for me... (Link to follow).

It's probably about £1500 over my budget, but my budget was more aimed at a 2006 model, this one seems a great deal.

It's a GT model and has upgrades already (Bose stereo with upgraded Pioneer head unit (USB / ipod connection, CD / DVD player, reverse camera). 22,000 miles.

Only 20 miles from me so once I hear back from the seller I can organise a trip to look it over. Seems like a heck of a deal, taxed until December, 2 new tyres 08 registered. I have looked at another exact same year/colour but with 10,000 miles without the upgraded stereo/reverse camera for £200 more.

So... here's the link, I'd appreciate any input on what to specifically look out for. I will check the service book, I will do a full HPI if I do bite and make an offer. What would be a decent offer to come in at just by personal knowledge/experience.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

I've used a few days in lieu at work so I am off for 7 days as of Saturday. A loan has been accepted already as I don't want to eat away my savings and I have my old car up for sale at a good price.

Thanks all :thumbs:,

(EDIT: whoops forgot the link :lol: )

PS If this car is for sale by a member here, PM me I am very interested! :yahoo:

Only comment I'd make is that the aftermarket stereo doesn't look too good a fit (looks like a large gap down the left hand edge)?

That's hardly an expensive fix - a point to use to get the asking price down though. Looks like a nice car (from the ad at least). :thumbs:

Only comment I'd make is that the aftermarket stereo doesn't look too good a fit (looks like a large gap down the left hand edge)?

That's hardly an expensive fix - a point to use to get the asking price down though. Looks like a nice car (from the ad at least). :thumbs:

What would I need to fix it?

(EDIT changed postcote to a random local one, stupid Autotrader :p)

Give it a whirl - you can but try - but remember Midnight Blue is relatively rare and even with the aftermarket stereo c*ck-up I doubt it'll come in at less than £14k :shrug:

I noticed that when looking at loads of cars before buying mine - traders just don't seem to be willing to drop prices at all.

I noticed that when looking at loads of cars before buying mine - traders just don't seem to be willing to drop prices at all.

I got about £1k off the asking price for mine in July, it's a Roadtser as well so prime convertible selling time! I reckon the dealers are struggling a bit so want as much as they can but don't want to lose the sale either so the deals are there if you try hard enough... you just have to be willing to let a few cars go if someone else gives the asking price.

I'm going to look at it on Sunday if my dad is free to come with me (what he doesn't know about buying a car isn't worth knowing). Bit of a longer drive than I expected which is a pain but worth the trip.

Quick question though, what would be needed to fix the stereo "issue"?

Well the car was sold today, but not to me. I wasn't able to make it today and something came up which meant going tomorrow wasn't a certainty, but I was too late :byebye:. Whoever got it will be a very lucky guy because it was a great car for a very good price. I went to look at another car though which was at a Nissan dealership only 10 minutes from me. It has less than 10k on the clock and is a 58 reg. They want £17,000 for it though and will only give me £2000 to part exchange my old car bringing it down to £15,000. It was a stunning car and I have my heart set on the midnight blue model, but not sure if I can stretch my budget from what started at £13,000 to £17,000.

Along with their asking price the car needs to be taxed so add £435. They tried to get me to buy an extended 3 year warranty for £1000 plus something for £450 which apparently guarantees a full payout if you write the car off. To be honest, I'm not really sure it is necessary and obviously increases the sale from £17,000 to a whopping £19,000!

Whilst it is a stunning car and the colour is pretty rare, £17,000 would be my utter limit. So I guess I carry on waiting and looking...

Well the car was sold today, but not to me. I wasn't able to make it today and something came up which meant going tomorrow wasn't a certainty, but I was too late :byebye:. Whoever got it will be a very lucky guy because it was a great car for a very good price. I went to look at another car though which was at a Nissan dealership only 10 minutes from me. It has less than 10k on the clock and is a 58 reg. They want £17,000 for it though and will only give me £2000 to part exchange my old car bringing it down to £15,000. It was a stunning car and I have my heart set on the midnight blue model, but not sure if I can stretch my budget from what started at £13,000 to £17,000.

Along with their asking price the car needs to be taxed so add £435. They tried to get me to buy an extended 3 year warranty for £1000 plus something for £450 which apparently guarantees a full payout if you write the car off. To be honest, I'm not really sure it is necessary and obviously increases the sale from £17,000 to a whopping £19,000!

Whilst it is a stunning car and the colour is pretty rare, £17,000 would be my utter limit. So I guess I carry on waiting and looking...

Christ they are pulling your chain!! :lol: Walk away!!

It has less than 10k on the clock and is a 58 reg. They want £17,000 for it though

I paid that for mine a year ago when it only had 2.5K on it, basically it's like a new car. You need to walk away Peter, something else will always come along. Chances are you will see that one up for 15.5K in a months time when they can't shift it. That's the sort of mileage that should see a couple of new tyres on the rear, otherwise you will shortly be adding another £400 to the price.

What was wrong with the other one you went to see for around 15K that you mentioned in your first post without the camera/stereo?

Best of luck.

Christ they are pulling your chain!! :lol: Walk away!!

That's what I'm going to do.

I didn't want to be rude to the guys and to be fair they worked out a great finance plan which actually beat my bank. I did get a fair amount of hostility from the guys there though until they realised how much money I had to put down and what I do for a living... Typical scene, 23 year old guy walks in to a dealership with tatty jeans and a t-shirt. One of those situations where you wish you could get a wad of £50's out and throw it on the table to see their faces. I never like to put people down but I didn't feel comfortable at all, except one guy seemed pretty decent.

It has less than 10k on the clock and is a 58 reg. They want £17,000 for it though

I paid that for mine a year ago when it only had 2.5K on it, basically it's like a new car. You need to walk away Peter, something else will always come along. Chances are you will see that one up for 15.5K in a months time when they can't shift it. That's the sort of mileage that should see a couple of new tyres on the rear, otherwise you will shortly be adding another £400 to the price.

What was wrong with the other one you went to see for around 15K that you mentioned in your first post without the camera/stereo?

Best of luck.

The first car I went to see (I haven't posted that link on here though) had 4 bald tyres, no water in the screenwash tank, no water in the radiator tank and some scratches and dinged alloys. It just put me right off.

I'm going to see one more tomorrow which is a 2007 "twilight blue" or "midnight blue" depending on where you read it. 5500 miles for £16000. Shame I don't have a 360 Modena to part exchange though lol! Opinions?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2267405.htm

Hmm, interesting, no buttons on the steering wheel and those wheels are non standard, I'm not that well up on later versions of this car but I'm wondering exactly what spec this is :surrender: O.K, I get it now, it's an import! Looks like a non standard speedo too as it's either kph or mph (can't tell which), I wouldn't trust the miles being correct to be honest.

Speedo should look like this.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/largep ... model=350Z

Pete