Graphics Card Mega Deals

Beavis

Anyone in the market for a new pc graphics card check this out, these retailed well over £400 last April/May. Blistering card and a Asus one at that. B)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu ... ubcat=1750

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showth ... t=18235216

And also this now :surrender:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu ... ubcat=1810

Depends. Do you actually game a lot and struggle with getting the resolution and AA/AF you require? Do you have many DX11 games, or are you intending on buying many?

Even one would be a significant upgrade from what you have now, but unless there's games you want it for I personally wouldn't bother.

Depends. Do you actually game a lot and struggle with getting the resolution and AA/AF you require? Do you have many DX11 games, or are you intending on buying many?

Even one would be a significant upgrade from what you have now, but unless there's games you want it for I personally wouldn't bother.

Thanks Ekona, to be honest Latest games ive played were Crysis, Bioshock 2, crysis warhead, nothing significantly new. But most nights just counterstrike source now!! :thumbs:

Crysis is a famous power hungry SOB so one of these card would see a massive increase in performance. Only thing I'd be concerned about would be your PSU. What are you running to power your system?

+1 Would need at least a 600 watt on a standardish pc if going for a GTX480. Got a 750 watt in mine. :)

Crysis is a famous power hungry SOB so one of these card would see a massive increase in performance. Only thing I'd be concerned about would be your PSU. What are you running to power your system?

+1 Would need at least a 600 watt on a standardish pc if going for a GTX480. Got a 750 watt in mine. :)

Yeah - I've got a Corsair 650W and I'd worry about that being up to it with a GTX480. Bench tests show it sucks a fricken bonkers 380W under load and runs at 95C! I'd be worried about it melting everything else in my case.

Jerry, I had 2x 8800GTS too, and have ripped them out and replaced with a single GTX470.

Gutted tho, cos I bought the EVGA Hydrocopper Edition GTX470 (comes with mounted waterblock) for an eyewatering £475 (yes, one card, does not cook breakfast)

Have also been running an Antec Quattro 850W for the last two years with no issues, since it has to power OC'ed CPU and two waterloops, let alone the GFX card.

Stable power at all times

http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp < for those worried about power req

I have a 465 and its a dream compared to my older 8800, also these card are running customer coolers so should be quieter than the standard cards

Just had a look at that calc. Got bored after 12 seconds! Unless you're running a server, massive bespoke gaming rig or other such hardware it's almost always safe to just take a good brand 750w. That would even run an OC i7 and dual GPU (mid to high end) without too much stress.

FYI for anyone thats interested. I've just bought a new desktop and upgrading my graphics card. As such my old one is for sale.

It's a Saphirre ATI 5770 and only 2 months old. Comes complete with box and all the little bits.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/graphics/ ... HD-5770/p1

Looking for £75 + postage from a member.

PM me if you're interested! :thumbs:

FYI for anyone thats interested. I've just bought a new desktop and upgrading my graphics card. As such my old one is for sale.

It's a Saphirre ATI 5770 and only 2 months old. Comes complete with box and all the little bits.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/graphics/ ... HD-5770/p1

Looking for £75 + postage from a member.

PM me if you're interested! :thumbs:

Might be an idea to put up a seperate advert in the for sale section with actual pics (with username) James ;) . After this week my GTX280 may be up for grabs unless i decide to build a media centre :teeth:

nice prices :)

got a ati 5850 1GB, not worth me upgrading tho as it plays all the games i need at 1920x1080 with everything turned on to max B)

well except black ops but that's a just badly optimised console port :lol:

Jerry, I had 2x 8800GTS too, and have ripped them out and replaced with a single GTX470.

Gutted tho, cos I bought the EVGA Hydrocopper Edition GTX470 (comes with mounted waterblock) for an eyewatering £475 (yes, one card, does not cook breakfast)

Have also been running an Antec Quattro 850W for the last two years with no issues, since it has to power OC'ed CPU and two waterloops, let alone the GFX card.

Nice one m8! Would my ANTEC TRU-BLU 650watt power supply be able to power that single card? my main processor is the QUADCORE 6600 overclocked

Nice one m8! Would my ANTEC TRU-BLU 650watt power supply be able to power that single card? my main processor is the QUADCORE 6600 overclocked

Should be fine Jerry. What have you got your Q6600 clocked too? Thats a great processor :thumbs:

I'm still running a Q6600 too, but only a modest clock to 3 GHz.

According to the wattage calc, my system would require 547W, so you should be fine with a 650W Jerry

Running that processor myself at the same speed. But will run steady at 3.6ghz :)