Abbey Motorsport, no drama, no crisis.

glrnet

Some of you will have seen my earlier post regarding today having been an expensive day :thumbdown:

To sum up, went to Abbey today for a P3 service and new spark plugs, unfortunately, other problems came to light. Namely, the front discs were so badly corroded on the inner sides that they had "destroyed' the pads, the air con belt was also cracked and needed replacing :scare: Decision time, and I agree to have new DBA rotors, Ferodo Pads and the aircon belt replaced. In no time the whole thing was resolved and the car was ready to go. I should also point out that before Christmas Abbey changed my brake hoses and the brake pedal had a wee bit more travel than is good but Abbey had pointed this out a the time and as it was late in the day we agreed to "see how it went". When I booked the P3 service Abbey agreed to rectify the brake pedal travel issue and have done so free of charge. :thumbs:

Financially it wasn't the day I had in mind but in hindsight it was all stuff that was due to haunt me at MOT time in April, the car feels so different now and I have much more confidence in the brakes :thumbs: , this can only improve once the brakes are completely "bedded in" :yahoo:

While I was there I also asked for an extra litre of Motul engine oil to take home with me to use for occasional topping up, unfortunately Scott, Charlie and I all forgot to check that it was in the car before I left. :bangin: Later in the afternoon, while I was having the new Falkens fitted at Total Tyres Sarah at Abbey called me to say that Charlie had found my litre of oil outside the office where he'd left it. He apparently didn't want to have it rolling about in the car as it was one litre in an already opened 5 litre container, while he took it out for road test. :notworthy: Imagine my surprise, when, just before 7 tonight Scott arrives on our doorstep with my litre of Motul :scare::yahoo:

That, I think, is the fourth time I've been to Abbey, Uprev, Clutch, Brake Hoses and P3, On each and every occasion I have been unable to find fault with either their attitude or professionalism. It should also not be forgotten that Sarah is an excellent provider of coffee, toast and Marmite (don't tell Husky :lol: ) and Hot Cross Buns :lol::yahoo::cloud9:

I've had all sorts of vehicles serviced at all sorts of main dealerships over the last 30 years or so but never quite to the level of service that Abbey offers. If you haven't and you live near enough, get in there, you'll be glad you did :clap: Thanks again guys :thumbs:

What can I say? :surrender:

Couldn't agree more, apart from the fact I have never had a hot x bun :rant:

I've been to Abbey 5 times now, 2 services, 1 clutch & flywheel fitted, plenum & exhaust fitted and an upRev and I wouldn't go anywhere else :thumbs:

You see, sometimes it's just meant to be, at the weekend I said that was it with mods for a while and then the mod god comes along and ensures that I HAVE to do it :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nice write up Graham, sorry it was an expensive day but sounds like abbeys service was top notch yet again. Good job.

Those are the great reasons for taking your car to Abbey. The whole crew are great, back when I was purchasing my lower plenum I was offered a loan plenum to utilise prior to the trade. I never ended up using it but the fact of trust counts a thousand times over. Since purchasing the car, its only ever worked on at Abbey. I'll be scheduling a visit very soon for a service and tune. Even if it is two and a half hours away. I trust Abbey implicitly and enjoy learning more about the physics of the car whilst talking to Mark.

I'm a great believer in writing reviews when the service is good, not just when things go wrong, not that they ever have for me at Abbey. :thumbs:

thats the kind of review i like to read about a forum trader, i never got the chance to use abbey with my old car, but i'm still a huge advocate of them.

i;d roll down there without a hesitation

I'm a great believer in writing reviews when the service is good, not just when things go wrong, not that they ever have for me at Abbey. :thumbs:

thats the kind of review i like to read about a forum trader, i never got the chance to use abbey with my old car, but i'm still a huge advocate of them.

i;d roll down there without a hesitation

to be honest on this forum we get alot of BS positive reviews on here and a lot of people dont write anything negative about some traders even when the service has been bad as they are worried about slating a big forum trader. i know of lots of issues with some other traders that aren't mentioned on here.

It should also not be forgotten that Sarah is an excellent provider of coffee, toast and Marmite (don't tell Husky :lol: ) and Hot Cross Buns :lol::yahoo::cloud9:

THEY HAVE MARMITE?!?!? I didn't get any when I was there... I think I've found the first flaw in their service!! :teeth:

It should also not be forgotten that Sarah is an excellent provider of coffee, toast and Marmite (don't tell Husky :lol: ) and Hot Cross Buns :lol::yahoo::cloud9:

THEY HAVE MARMITE?!?!? I didn't get any when I was there... I think I've found the first flaw in their service!! :teeth:

I got woken up by the postie this morning to receive a package from Abbey... a pot or Marmite! Therefore I have to retract the above comment and quote spinal tap instead, "these go to 11"! Unfortunately it came with no fitting instructions so I'm not 100% sure how it goes on the car though.

THANK YOU SARAH!! :yahoo::cloud9::yahoo:

:lol: Does this mean I'm a founder member!!?? :teeth:

No problem, Haydn! :teeth:

We like to think that we go the extra mile to keep our customers happy!

We are pleased that you are a member of the Marmite Club here at Abbey - the only person here so far who doesn't like it is Mark :wacko: I guess our Mum force fed him as a child........