Should I get an independent inspection?

Micky

Hi All,

After months of looking, I have finally come across a great looking 2005 Blade Coupe with GT Pack which is albeit slightly above my budget but I dont think another one in this condition is likely to pop up any time soon (only 30k and interior/exterior like new) for this price.

My question is....although the car has a full dealer service history and a low mileage, should I still get an AA/RAC inspection? I have test driven the car and I can't hear any clicking from the rear, all gear changes are smooth, engine pulls hard, brakes are good etc etc. Despite this I am still a little paranoid that I could be overlooking something which might cost me post-purchase. I have heard mixed reviews with regards to the value of these independent inspections i.e missing particular faults etc. I'd much appreciate anyones thoughts/experiences on this.

One of my neighbours is an experienced mechanic - if I take a brave pill and go for the car, im sure he could give it the once over during the coming weeks and point out anything which they could then rectify under warranty? Unfortunately he's currently on holiday so cant come and inspect the car with me for at least another 10 days by which point someone else might have snapped her up?!