FINALLY! I am now a member...

Buckley

... been after a 350z for what seems like ever, but finally picked up my 05 Azure Blue roadster on Saturday :yahoo:

My God, what a car!! Lovin driving it already :) Had the top down yesterday, even though it was freezing!!

Ill arrange for pics to be put up as soon as she is washed again at the weekend- picked her up Saturday and drove from preston back to Sheffield/Chesterfield and she is filthy already!

Got a few noobie questions that im hoping you can all assist with: -

- what petrol do you guys use to fill up? we put in standard unleaded to get her back initially but i need to fill up again after work and was wondering if anything was better/worse for it?

- as it is a converible, did these not come with the bluetooth phone adapters as the controls are not on the steering wheel? is there a way of installing a phone adapter as per the others or is it not really worthwhile?

- im anxious to get a stubby aerial, is there a particular better one that others or are they all universal? seen a few on eBay but prices vary, dont wanna get a cheap one and it be no good!

- where the heated seat controls are on the arm-rest, there is a third button that is blanked off, any idea what this would be used for?

- are there ay decent after-market sat-navs available for the main cubbyhole on the dash? think it would be nice to fill this as there are loads of other holes everywhere!!

- finally, cleaning products - ive never waxed/polished a car before so advice on what/what not to get would be appreciated (as well as dos/donts when applying it)! my mate reccommended ***guard (sorry cant remember name) which he has had applied on his Audi S4, apparently rain just runs off it?

As mentioned, ill try and get some pics up before the end of the week - need to sort out our garage first as we have discovered a leak and want to re-paint it all, but its hard getting it whilst working til 5pm as its ark when i get home - wont stop me having the roof off again tonight though

Thanks for listening and expect more questions over the coming weeks :teeth:

first off congrats on the purchase

the cleaning products comes down to preference on a lot of things, check out the section on it.

petrol - the higher octane stuff is favoured i believe but regular shouldnt do any harm (i may be wrong)

stubby, search for an s2000 one, they are common and good

i cant remember what that button does in the middle but there was a thread about it not long ago

plenty aftermarket sat navs and car pc's been done and some for sale, use the search

bluetooth adaptors - :pmr35lee: i think he had some and i think he had a steering wheel with the controls for sale but i wouldnt have a clue how to wire it up, he should know if you pm him though

oh, and one last thing...

search is your friend...

search.png

bluetooth adaptors - :pmr35lee: i think he had some and i think he had a steering wheel with the controls for sale but i wouldnt have a clue how to wire it up, he should know if you pm him though

Don't bother - roadsters were not kitted out for bluetooth connectivity - you will have to get an aftermarket kit.