Valliant Ecotec plus boiler

Rentech

Any one out there familiar with this boiler.

Our new house has one and I'm unsure as to what the requirement to time the hot water and circulation pump is? The reason I ask is that we seem to get hot water just fine regardless of whether the hot water and pump is timed to be on :wacko:

Cheers

Any one out there familiar with this boiler.

Our new house has one and I'm unsure as to what the requirement to time the hot water and circulation pump is? The reason I ask is that we seem to get hot water just fine regardless of whether the hot water and pump is timed to be on :wacko:

Cheers

Must be a combi boiler, our heating is timed but the water is heated everytime you turn on the tap on.

Yes it is a combi boiler. The timer is as supplied with the new boiler and the user instructions detail programming the timer for the hot water and circulation pump (they are timed separately). My first though was that is maybe something like a hot water loop to provide immediate hot water, but I don’t seem to notice any difference.

Is it a Valliant timer? what model? where is it?

Hot water is available on demand always.

There is a facility to preheat the hot water heat exchanger but the boiler does this itself unless you disable it, it has nothing to do with the timer. I have as it periodicaly fires the boiler to keep it hot even when there is no demand. Is saves around 5 seconds when you turn on a tap but uses extra gas.

Is the manual for the boiler or timer. If its for the boiler tell me the page number and I will look it up.

Excellent boiler choice. :thumbs:

PS can any one tell my my profile says Z hopefull when I have owend one since I joined... :rant:

PS can any one tell my my profile says Z hopefull when I have owend one since I joined... :rant:

It relates to the number of posts you have made mate.

we have exactly the same number of posts now ;)

Ps have you forgot how to txt back... pfft :lol: i was gonna let you come up for a listen of the beast while i had it out. I will have it out tomorrow night fitting new pads to it if your around.

It relates to the number of posts you have made mate.

we have exactly the same number of posts now ;)

Ps have you forgot how to txt back... pfft :lol: i was gonna let you come up for a listen of the beast while i had it out. I will have it out tomorrow night fitting new pads to it if your around.

Sorry mate - was major busy at work today! I have a French course tomorrow night or would of came up to get a swatch! I think I might go down the scorpion route with aftermarket tips. Wheels first though. Once I have did those two things, only smaller things for me. Got a house to save for! :lol:

Yes it is a combi boiler. The timer is as supplied with the new boiler and the user instructions detail programming the timer for the hot water and circulation pump (they are timed separately). My first though was that is maybe something like a hot water loop to provide immediate hot water, but I don’t seem to notice any difference.

+1 :) it's supposed to give immediate hot water, tried it on and off with no significant difference other than using more gas.

My line of work lol

Very good boiler :-) as said if you have the hot water turned on it will preheat to get hotter quicker at the tap (preheat)

With the new boilers it won't make much different as they are so efficient and won't use much more gas when on

If anyone needs any help with boilers etc I will be happy to try my best to help :-)

My line of work lol

Very good boiler :-) as said if you have the hot water turned on it will preheat to get hotter quicker at the tap (preheat)

With the new boilers it won't make much different as they are so efficient and won't use much more gas when on

If anyone needs any help with boilers etc I will be happy to try my best to help :-)

Cool.

My boiler is not working.

Whats wrong and how much will it cost to fix...... :D

Thats 1 more post on my way to becoming a Z Veteran. :lol:

:scare: wow big boilers lol biggest I work on in British gas is about 42 kw lol

Lol it's all the same except the burners are huge with jet engines attached haha. The smallest I'm qualified to work on in 60kw. Waitin on the company sorting me out with the domestic appliances changeover ticket.

Got the vailiant ecotec plus 937 ~ 37KW ;) Its a monster and since install almost 2 years ago I have no complaints. Efficient(SEDBUK "A" rated)............super quiet..............Hot water on demand..........very good pressure/flow...........reduced gas bills and the best part is the IR remote thermostat which i can move from room to room to adjust individual room temps :thumbs:

Has scaled all the maintainance checks no sweat so far. Expensive to buy and install but will pay for itself in longterm.

I Highly recommend B)

Bit slow responding here as no internet yet. I have the vrt360f remote timer/thermostat. I've just cleared out all of the times for the hot water and circulation pump and will see what happens and work from there........if you hear a scream later on this evening it will be me jumping out of a freezing cold shower lol

Same setup as me. If you look at the instructions on the inside of the boiler door you will see that when using the vrf360 the heating temperature control on the boiler should be set to max. Dont know why but just in case you missed it.

Yes, missed that. Cheers :thumbs: