Hi Newbie here - Can someone tell me what this is?

im00

Oh - 1 more question please - when I drive it off the forecourt next weekend what petrol should I be putting in?

Unleaded, Super Unleaded, or Optimax Only?

Any really ............. ecu remaps itself .......... I ran for 7 years on 95 Ron with no problems ..... some will say you get better mileage on Shell

:O this is the first i've heard of this, i thought it was shunned apon not to put the expensive stuff in ;)

:welcome:

I may be wrong but I thought the manufacturers recommendation is to use the higher octane fuel. Is it not also the case that some fuels like Shell V Power have better detergents in? Or have I fallen for pub gossip?

You are not wrong, for all the ZED engines Nissan 'recommend' 98 (RON) premium unleaded and you should have a sticker on the fuel flap saying so and it is mentioned in the handbook. It also says that if it is not available:

"unleaded regular petrol with an octane rating of 91 (RON) or above may be temporarily used, but only under the following precautions:

Have the fuel tank filled only partially with unleaded regular petrol, and fill up with unleaded premium petrol as soon as possible and avoid full throttle driving and abrupt acceleration. However, for maximum vehicle performance and best driveability, the use of unleaded premium petrol is recommended. "

Its those last bits why I put in Tesco 99 :teeth:

I believe you will find the rating for Optimax is now 97 - it used to be 98. But as others have said, the the car will run fine on 95 as the ECU adjusts to changes in the fuel being drunk.

Hi all. :wave:

I've today put a deposit down on a lovely Gunmetal Grey 350z on a 56 plate (GT Pack Included) from a dealer in hampshire. I'm really looking forward to this - my last car was a Supercharged Chimaera so I needed something equally exciting and think I may have found it. :yahoo:

Of course I am biased towards the Zed but I think it might seem a bit tame after a supercharged Chimaera :scare:

However, superchargers are available :D

Post pics of the Zed when you get it - and some of the Chimaera too :thumbs:

How did you find TVR ownership?

Of course I am biased towards the Zed but I think it might seem a bit tame after a supercharged Chimaera :scare:

However, superchargers are available :D

Post pics of the Zed when you get it - and some of the Chimaera too :thumbs:

How did you find TVR ownership?

Cheers Leeroy.

Yep, the 4L V8 SC Chimaera was indeed a bit of a beast. 0-60 in just under 4 secs and sounded out of this world....right up until the engine exploded...:lol:...twice....:lol:...and that wasn't the only issue over the course of my stewardship of it - don't get me started on that B)

Still...I had 3 great years of fun with it when it was running and on organised early Sunday morning runs it was almost orgasmic - almost.

So, in a nutshell, TVR ownership is great BUT to be realistic you'd best have deep pockets. I'm hoping (nay praying) thats not the case with the Z and I suspect it isn't as, after a while, it has a wearing effect. The community that surrounds TVR ownership is brilliant though and thriving and the cars look stunning. I love the look of the Z as well so it was a natural move for me. Pistonheads (if you know what that is) was originally a TVR only forum that grew but is still predominantly frequented by TVR owners and thats just one of the many sites that can be joined.

I'll post up pics of the new Z after I collect it - which hopefully will be tomorrow! This is my first ricer - really looking forward to it.

Cheers.