New Tyres in Glasgow Area?

Stu350z

Hey guys!

Wondering if anyone can recommend somewhere I can trust in/near Glasgow to buy and fit me two new front tyres!

Not sure bout what brand to buy either? :blush:

Are there ones I should be avoiding at all costs?

I've currently got Dunlops :thumbs: But since hitting a huge pothole on wednesday my NSF now has a split in the wall!

It's not very deep but I worry! :scare: It's a fast car! :drive1 Were all well aware of this I'm sure! :teeth: )

Maybe somewhere that can check the allignment too?

Just in case!

Thanks in advance

Stu

Hi mate. I go to prestige tyres in Busy.... bruce has always sorted me out with my falkens :thumbs:

Thanks Jay they look good!

Don't suppose you've got a rough idea what there gonna cost me? I need 2x245/35R19's

And if they'll be able to check/correct my allignment?

Cheers

PS Your Zed looks :king::cloud9:B) IMO!

Hi mate. I go to prestige tyres in Busy.... bruce has always sorted me out with my falkens :thumbs:

Don't suppose you've got a rough idea what there gonna cost me? I need 2x245/35R19's

Cheers

Thanks mate, appreciate it. I honestly have no idea about the cost.... Give bruce a call as he will give you a quick quote on the phone. As for allignment....... I heard they were getting the machine in..... but not 100% sure if they have it yet. Honestly.... best giving them a wee call.

So where abouts in Glasgow r u based mate?

Cheers

Thanks mate, appreciate it. I honestly have no idea about the cost.... Give bruce a call as he will give you a quick quote on the phone. As for allignment....... I heard they were getting the machine in..... but not 100% sure if they have it yet. Honestly.... best giving them a wee call.

So where abouts in Glasgow r u based mate?

I'm in Cathcart!

Noticed there's quite a few Weegie's on here and all there cars look sweet!

I'm hopin that with all the help (especially from my fellow glaswegians!) on the Forum my car will soon look n sound sweet too!

I'm in Cathcart!

I'm hopin that with all the help (especially from my fellow glaswegians!) on the Forum my car will soon look n sound sweet too!

Another project planned for the streets of Glasgow that's wot we like to hear. Get to some meets this year for ideas etc. Have a look thru these threads as well :thumbs:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=33722&start=0

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32682

I'm in Cathcart!

Another project planned for the streets of Glasgow that's wot we like to hear. Get to some meets this year for ideas etc. Have a look thru these threads as well :thumbs:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=33722&start=0

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32682

Damn right! (Us Weegies are gonna take over the World!)

Just need to wait till summer so I've got a few extra pennies for mods then..... :yahoo:

Pretty sure I've spotted you in the Tradeston/Kingston area of town? Either that or sumone else is driving ur Zed!

Hopefully get to meet you all soon and pick your brains of idea's for my Zed!

Just need to wait till summer so I've got a few extra pennies for mods then..... :yahoo:

Pretty sure I've spotted you in the Tradeston/Kingston area of town? Either that or sumone else is driving ur Zed!

Probably me yea. I hardly let anyone sit in the drivers seat lol

lol i let nicole drive my zed, she's pretty good with it, but i always make sure im with her to keep an eye lol

lol i let nicole drive my zed, she's pretty good with it, but i always make sure im with her to keep an eye lol

I'm lucky that Nicola cant drive so its only ever me that sits in the drivers seat! (She's lucky i don't drink and wanna drive everywhere!)

:drive1

Buy your tyres off Camskills on-line then get a local place to fit them. Guy round my bit takes 15 quid for it.

Do not go to kwik fit.

+1 - them or Blackcircles - you will save a packet :thumbs:

and do not mix!!

Cheers for the advice guys! :thumbs:

Camskills looks like it's gonna save me bout £130 on two Falkens! B)

Vik, please tell me u mean i shouldn't mix front tyres! Please dont tell me i'll need to buy rears too! :bang:

its just your luck really mate, ive run mixed tyres for a year now and really been on the track like this. The car feels unusual but as long as you aint driving like a retard and mainly round town you should be fine until you can afford to change all corners. I run pirelli pzero's on my rears and toyo t1rs on my front. Front felt a little wierd on the track but never encountered any issues on the roads.

At the end of the day you should mix any tyres on any car, but these things happen.

You should have the same tyre all round. There is a lot of info on here about mixing tyre brands and why you shouldn't. Its painful but really a must!! :surrender:

there goes summer holiday!! :doh:

Don't say that babe!

We will be going a summer holiday! (Involving the Zed and a trip to Abbey!) :teeth:

its just your luck really mate, ive run mixed tyres for a year now and really been on the track like this. The car feels unusual but as long as you aint driving like a retard and mainly round town you should be fine until you can afford to change all corners. I run pirelli pzero's on my rears and toyo t1rs on my front. Front felt a little wierd on the track but never encountered any issues on the roads.

At the end of the day you should mix any tyres on any car, but these things happen.

Thanks for the pointers!

So as far as I can gather I'll be ok with Dunlops on the rears and Falken's on the front for a couple of months then get two Falkens for the rears later! (Just not to much later!)

You should have the same tyre all round. There is a lot of info on here about mixing tyre brands and why you shouldn't. Its painful but really a must!! :surrender:

Don't say that babe!

We will be going a summer holiday! (Involving the Zed and a trip to Abbey!) :teeth:

:lol: priorities mate eh? Lol

Don't say that babe!

:lol: priorities mate eh? Lol

Damn right! :teeth:

A few meets and sum trips to Abbey is just the kind of holiday I need! :drive1