Polishing my tip(s)....pic heavy

Ricey

Picked up Greeny's old Scorpion the other day and thought I'd treat it to a bit of a clean prior to installation whilst Carla was watching Lets Dance on Ice in the Jungle Factor with Talent.......used some right odd cleaning products though.

We had - Dettol Kitchen Worksurface Spray, Autosol metal polish and finished off with a bit of Window cleaner with vinegar!!!!! In a rather unusual turn of events.......it actually came out alright!

Going to give it another going over this weekend with whatever else I can find in the cuboard...........now where did I put that wire pan scrubber!? :scare:

Pre clean

IMAG0093.jpg

IMAG0092.jpg

IMAG0096-Copy.jpg

IMAG0095.jpg

IMAG0094.jpg

Post clean

IMAG0101.jpg

IMAG0102.jpg

IMAG0103.jpg

IMAG0104.jpg

IMAG0105.jpg

Not Bad...... 7 out of 10 ;)

Now this was shiney....http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=42178

:teeth:

I came across this post when I was looking at getting one - for a 2nd hand zorst that was stunning! .............in fairness to Greeny he hadn't actually thought about selling it so it was just sat in his shed.

I've got a few more coats of secret products to go yet though :boxing:

Not Bad...... 7 out of 10 ;)

Now this was shiney....http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=42178

:teeth:

I came across this post when I was looking at getting one - for a 2nd hand zorst that was stunning! .............in fairness to Greeny he hadn't actually thought about selling it so it was just sat in his shed.

I've got a few more coats of secret products to go yet though :boxing:

I am only joshing.... looks very shiney already :teeth:

I did use a whole tube of autosol on that......... mostly on the y-pipe which was a right bugger :lol::lol:

I look forward to being blinded by the brightness when your done :thumbs:

Look lovely. :)

I note the Scorpion mark, I'm looking at getting a Scorpion 'zorst, can you recommend it?

I'll let you know on Tuesday :yahoo: ......Greeny said he liked the noise but not the look.

NeilP absolutely loves his - he's got De-cats on too.

good effort, did you take tips from husky?

Shamefully I didn't. I didn't have access to the computer so tried to remember Huskys highly useful guide and I nipped to Focus and got some wire wool.......I got home and realised he used varying grades of sandpaper and not wire wool.......then I remember what a useless git I am and put the wire wool in a draw where it would be safe away from me and the exhaust.

Roll after roll of Bounty was used instead :lol:

good effort, did you take tips from husky?

Shamefully I didn't. I didn't have access to the computer so tried to remember Huskys highly useful guide and I nipped to Focus and got some wire wool.......I got home and realised he used varying grades of sandpaper and not wire wool.......then I remember what a useless git I am and put the wire wool in a draw where it would be safe away from me and the exhaust.

Roll after roll of Bounty was used instead :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

looks pretty good to me. I still cant believe the look of liquid metal when i was done. my old landlord has a ruined living room floor for that too :lol: should have taken a pic of the damage to the tounge and groove really :teeth: