Le Mans?

yankeesiter

Oh Yeah,

5th time, the annual lads getta way, several blokes mis behaving in a field in France for a few days. Wouldn't miss it for the world, it's by far my fav hol of the year, when you leave spend 364 days looking forward to the next one.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting closer to the idea of going but using it as a via. point on our way to Italy. From the general tone of this and other threads, it would seem that sites inside the track are for non-stop boozing and partying. As a recent inductee into the class of OAPs, I think those days are behind me. Certainly they are for the wife.

Does anyone know of any cheap sites or other accomodation nearby and how easy would it be to get to the track and out again from them?

:wheelchair:

I'm getting closer to the idea of going but using it as a via. point on our way to Italy. From the general tone of this and other threads, it would seem that sites inside the track are for non-stop boozing and partying. As a recent inductee into the class of OAPs, I think those days are behind me. Certainly they are for the wife.

Does anyone know of any cheap sites or other accomodation nearby and how easy would it be to get to the track and out again from them?

:wheelchair:

sounds like a good plan !!!

I wouldn't be too concerned about the camp sites.

My wife is a bit of a petrol head as well and we have been to Le Mans three times (2006, 2008, 2010) and stayed in Houx campsite each time.

Being the wrong end of 40, although we like a few beers, we're not exactly interested in all night drinking and parties etc, but we have never had a problem.

You always get a few muppets down there, but most of the Brits that we have met over the years have been really friendly and a good laugh.

Check out Beermountain.com for general advice and Just Tickets for camping and ticket prices.

If you do want something a bit more up market, I noticed last year that EVO magazine were offering camping at a nearby Chateau, including a Saturday night BBQ, Breakfast, hot showers and transport to and from the circuit on the race day. They were also advertising a 'free' camping package in last months magazine as well, although the price seemed similar to what we paid last year including the campsite!

Let me know if you need any other advice, although I'm sure there are lots of other people on the site who have been more times than me.

Simon

I'm getting around to booking but will not be staying on the course. I'll be booking a grandstand ticket. Advice on other forums says Dunlop Bridge and Tetre Rouge are the best ones. The agent has advised ones opposite the pits.

Is she:

a. right

or

b. trying to unload difficult and expensive seats?

:wave:

I'm getting around to booking but will not be staying on the course. I'll be booking a grandstand ticket. Advice on other forums says Dunlop Bridge and Tetre Rouge are the best ones. The agent has advised ones opposite the pits.

Is she:

a. right

or

b. trying to unload difficult and expensive seats?

:wave:

I've been for the last two years I haven't had a grandstand ticket either time, just a general admission one. There are grassy (ish) banks near both the Dunlop bridge and Tetre Rouge which you can sit on or put your own camping seat on. I've not been there at the busiest times (start and finish) but when I have been there there was enough space to sit down.

Opposite the pits there's space to stand but I suspect this would fill up at the start and finish. I personally wouldn't buy a grandstand ticket as I'd feel inclined to stay there, we usually move around the circuit viewing the race from different places. I haven't made it to the Porsche curves yet though so that will be the aim for this year...

There are loads of places to get a decent seat/grassy bank, Porsche Curve, Mulsanne, Arnage and the main stand opposite the pit, IS THE PLACE TO BE AT THE START :yahoo:

Try Speedchills whose site is at Besajour (sp?), close to Porsche Curve, they will even sort out garage passes on the open pit day, which is a Friday, for free!! It would be great if the club ran an event to it as you can all get a pitch together and Speedchills have beer/food marquee, great showers and toilets and is well "policed", no pass no get inny B)

Last year we got passes to the Lola Judd team garage :teeth:

Here's my cousin enjoying some, erm... promotional girls :lol: and one of the drivers from Lola Judd, Jamie Lawler Campbell, the first one is a group from BeerMountain B)