Travel advice (Scotland)

glrnet

I'm hoping the Scottish contingent will offer some friendly advice to a Sassenach :wacko::)

If the weather conditions don't change for the better, what are the chances of driving to Glasgow from Cairnryan A) safely and B) in a reasonable time? ( I usually manage this in about 2 hours). Don't worry I'm not taking the Zed but will be in the van, my ferry from Larne is next Wednesday 15th. :wacko: Any advice greatfully received. :)

Well let's put it this way Graham:

DHL, UK Mail and Parcel Force have suspended all there collections until the 13th December from most post codes in Scotland.

If your journey is not really necessary then I would advise that you stay well away at the moment. :thumbs:

keep an eye on http://trafficscotland.org/

The A77/M77 has not been to bad so far though it took me about double the time to go from Ayr to Glasgow yesterday. Was speaking to a traffic cop last night and he said the biggest prob at moment in sun dazling dirty windscreens and blinding drivers, he had to deal with 4 rear enders yesterday. I had probs keeping screen clean as mine kept freezing (was -9) and at times you literally could not see a thing - didnt help that some idiots were slaming on the brakes when they coudnt see :rant:

There's more jack knifed lorries than snowmen at the mo. Iv been off work since tues but its starting to get milder. Be careful if u do make the trip and be prepared to get stuck in traffic. Alex sammond will tell u how bad it's been lol