any australians

mattbowey

don't worry this isn't about the ashes, will wait till we have won it before gloating...

just wandering if any australian members know of any car rental places in sydney that will rent out a zed. i am there for a month in january and think i might have to rent one for a few days if possible.

or, any members over there going on holiday in january and want there zed looking after?

You're wasting your money mate ......... speed limits in Oz are crucifying and are strictly enforced :surrender:

so i've heard. my bro lives out there and has a car so will have a look when i am there to see if i actually need to rent one. if i do i think it will have to be a v8

You're wasting your money mate ......... speed limits in Oz are crucifying and are strictly enforced :surrender:

so i've heard. my bro lives out there and has a car so will have a look when i am there to see if i actually need to rent one. if i do i think it will have to be a v8

if your bro has a car you will be able to drive it legally on his insurance

personally I wouldn't risk doing anything silly over the speed limit.

we got stung last year crossing the Nullarbor plain (Perth to Adelaide)

$150 fine+demerit points :doh:

BTW, flying out again in January :sun:

If you get done for speeding, from a camera, even in a rental they do chase you for the fine in this country. They employ a debt colection agency to chase you and take you to court if you ignore their notices. My mate tried the ignore bit only to find a court sommons because he thought he could get away with it.

Had a few months at my sisters in Melbourne and as what has been previously stated they do enforce driving offences with a vengeance. Great country though.

so just drive sensibly :shrug:

its not like we don't have cameras over here?

tis a good point, i have been flashed by about 3 cameras that i didnt get a ticket for.

just gotta keep an eye out for them right.

or drive to the speed limit :dry:

personally I wouldn't risk doing anything silly over the speed limit.

we got stung last year crossing the Nullarbor plain (Perth to Adelaide)

$150 fine+demerit points :doh:

BTW, flying out again in January :sun:

so i will be covered without him having to add me, was talking to him about it and he said he would look into it

Yup. Our state government hates you and wants your money. Mark Webber was right in calling is a 'nanny state' after Lewis Hamilton got done for a burnout leaving the Grand Prix circuit. Our cameras are there to save lives... of our politicians who use them as revenue raisers to fund broken promises and poorly managed and unnecessary projects.

AFIK, you can't hire a V8 from any of the large car hire places in Oz (Avis, Hertz, Budget) so if your after one (or a Zed) you'll need to find an exotic car hire company which might be expensive. Budget around AU$300 (~GBP200) per day.

Enjoy your time down under :)

Why do people doubt what others say on this site? I hope, like me they have put their actual experience on the subject about the post and not what that they have been told in a hearsay nature about about the post???? We had this on the posts about snow on car roofs etc?