accelera tyres

r111nxx

they seem newish out, personally i'd go with what you know.

but if you want to try them out then go for it, if they're that cheap then its not to much hassle to throw them out and put something decent on inf they are crap. my only question is; with the weather this time of the year is now the bes time to be field testing an unknown tyre?

your very right. gonna pass on them then. what tyres do you have and what do you think to them? thanks

on the 350z i used the Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas they were very good, and for the standard OEM tyre sizes i think they work very well and give a good balance of grip and cost.

on my current car; my S2k i run the falken 452's, i've been really impressed by them, but that is on a lighter car with a wider tyre and a lower profile; which seems to remove some of the issues others have suffered in the Zed.

other favourites are the toyo;s and the michelin pilot sports (MPS2's are very good but mucho expensive)

lots of other options out there. have a look at the tyre review thread.

certainly do! you were very helpful the other day- thanks again. Think I may pay a bit more and get toyo's. did you say t1R?

Toyo Proxes T1rs :lol: Good luck mate - I've been searching for them UK wide :dummy:

Edit: having seen Ekona's comment I'd add I rate the T1rs as good all rounder that don't break the bank - I've just got 15k miles and six track days out of them - granted they are now completely gubbed but coming from the RE040s huge difference in road noise and grip. I certainly don't think the Falkens would've lasted like that!

Haven't yet been able to track down any VUS yet- they seem as rare as the T1rs at present :shrug:

Must admit if could afford it would love to try the MPS2s.

certainly do! you were very helpful the other day- thanks again. Think I may pay a bit more and get toyo's. did you say t1R?

Indeed I did, Toyo T1R's are a superb tyre for the Zed IMHO and is a firm favourite on the forum, but as I previously said and Vik has confirmed this evening, the 245s are in short supply again.

As you know I have the 225s in stock priced at £125.00 but unfortunately I am clean out of 245s at the moment.

Good luck with your search :thumbs:

Ive been to a local tyre place today and he was telling me to get some accelera's as they are as good as falkens and other budget/mid-range tyres but without the price tag. I'm a bit dubious as i've not really heard of them. Advice anyone? Thanks :doh:

i have them on mine , they were on when i bought the car a couple of months ago and they are still nearly new , they are coming off very shortly as the grip is poor which kicks in the traction regularly in the dry for the slightest thing

also you need spare trousers if driving on damp roads even driving carefully which has really knocked my confidence in the Z, you have to be so carefull with these on.

going for falkens soon or will probably stump up the extra for bridgestones or similar, out of all the tyres i have had over the years these are poor.

uniroyal rainsport 2's are worth a look, meant to have very good grip, but side wall is a little soft, so depends on what you like.

others to consider are goodyear eagle F1 assymetrics

Uniroyals RS2 arent an out in out sports tyre IMO but its quieter than GSD-3's and are epic in the wet, really really good. Dry grip is 7/10 but wet grip is pretty much equal to dry grip no joke.

The sidewalls are a little soft and they dont have the best grip outright. Also I didnt find them as good as any other tyre when hot they perfer warm/wet.

uniroyal rainsport 2's are worth a look, meant to have very good grip, but side wall is a little soft, so depends on what you like.

others to consider are goodyear eagle F1 assymetrics

Uniroyals RS2 arent an out in out sports tyre IMO but its quieter than GSD-3's and are epic in the wet, really really good. Dry grip is 7/10 but wet grip is pretty much equal to dry grip no joke.

The sidewalls are a little soft and they dont have the best grip outright. Also I didnt find them as good as any other tyre when hot they perfer warm/wet.

partly why i reccomended them, tends to suit the british weather well and to be honest most people on here aren't pushing the car hard enough to really loose out with them.

agreed if your an agressive driver or do track days they may not be the best tyre but for price and grip offered you can;t go to wrong with them.

your very right. gonna pass on them then. what tyres do you have and what do you think to them? thanks

on the 350z i used the Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas they were very good, and for the standard OEM tyre sizes i think they work very well and give a good balance of grip and cost.

on my current car; my S2k i run the falken 452's, i've been really impressed by them, but that is on a lighter car with a wider tyre and a lower profile; which seems to remove some of the issues others have suffered in the Zed.

other favourites are the toyo;s and the michelin pilot sports (MPS2's are very good but mucho expensive)

lots of other options out there. have a look at the tyre review thread.

I'm in deperate need of some tyres and with this snowy weather upon us, I really needed them yesterday!!!!

The tyre thread you posted Rich was the best review I've seen and very insightful. My budget is limiting and I cannot really push for the full top end tyres as I feel all 4 boots need changing with low tread remaining on all 4 corners.

To find a tyre that suits both dry, wet and cool weather whilst having some form of longevity I thought the Vredestein sessanta tyres looked a good option from the reviews posted (as I can see from previous comments you will probably agree). In the past I have bought the Toyo Proxes but the side walls always seemed very unstable and they never lasted particularly well.

If I choose to settle on the Vredesteins......are they a mission to track down? cannot seem to find anyone locally to Norwich that stocks these tyres for the Zed requirements!

Thanks,

camskills would be my first choice, if they're out then the tyremen would be a close second choice.

if you can;t find any sessantas my 2nd choice for the zed if you don't like toyo's would possibly be the uniroyals rainsport 2's or the khumo ku31's i'd also say the falken 452's but some don't like them on here; and that could be to do with the zed being heavy and the stock profile allowing to much movement for that tyre.

Neither Camskill nor Blackcircles have either T1rs or VUS 245/45/18s in at the moment - Blackcircles won't/can't even give a lead time on the Toyos and were trying to assure me I could put the Uniroyals on the rear instead because the tread pattern's the same...when I asked them if the compound was the same there was stunned silence on the end of the line :blink::lol: