350Z 2007 onwards common faults.

AMT

Ok, quick one here, been through all the usual 03-06' common faults know em' memorised em', but have recently realised (after viewing a 57 plate) that I can afford 07' onwards. Ones with low mileage... :teeth: Bullet points all am lookin for, as a said just a quicky as prob a thread somehwere amongst the many. But anyone got one and has there been any common faults?? 07, 08, 09.

As far as I read the bose system still skips on damp cold days??

Any others much appreciated (nearing closer to the buy lol)

AMT

We have seen a few still with gearbox issues dispite the box being different to earlier models. Nothing like the number of failiures of earlier cars though :thumbs: and rear gas rams for the rear hatch only last approx 3 years but they are cheap enough to replace. Nothing else really major that I have seen.

Thats what I like to here! lol Don't mind the bose skipping once and a while, as long as it works for the most part lol. Struts fair nuff, just hoped that with the new ones most of the niggles would be sorted. Any other ones let me know!

Thanks again people!

AMT

We have seen a few still with gearbox issues dispite the box being different to earlier models. Nothing like the number of failiures of earlier cars though :thumbs: and rear gas rams for the rear hatch only last approx 3 years but they are cheap enough to replace. Nothing else really major that I have seen.

Yes I can confirm there are known gearbox issues with the later ones, it was the reason I got rid of my 07 plate but I think I was just unlucky (it only had 18k miles on it).

Arrrgh! See this is what now worries, even to the point...(dare I say it) of putting me off buying a Z! :thumbdown: And I don't wanna change my mind! I've had to do a clutch thing before...but gear box? Is that different like...more expensive. I know fine well this is not a cheap car but I don't wanna end up in hell. I keep seeing nothing but fault for Zed's, thought from 07 onwards I would be ok but....*sigh* seemingly not. I keep seeing 07's-08's with like 20K or less, think this is why there being sold??? Stuffed boxes?? Worried now about this. C'mon peeps, talk me up here, comfort me, don't make me buy something else... lol God knows what I'd buy theres not many affordable sports cars these days and you can take your hot hatches and stick em up your ....ahem. lol]

AMT

I have just brought an 08 plate 350 GT from a main dealers with full service history and i have not had any issues what so ever. All car types have issues, its all about how they have been used. if you get one that has not been abused then you should not have any problems. it's a nissan so parts are quite cheap and for the car type they are pretty robust. My mate also had one that he drove a 4 year old one from 20 - 70k miles without any issues at all

I never heard of gearbox failues! Well, not regular anyway. Just the "featured" vibration, and crunching on fast upchanges.

You may get issues with the car, you may not. That's the gamble you take with used cars. The one thing you should remember though, is that you're far less likely to get expensive problems with the 350 than you would with most other brands.

So with the Z, at least you're gambling with better odds :)