stretching Tyres on 19" nismo lmgt4's

Neilp

Im gonna be going the stretched Tyres on my lmgt4's for shows. The car won't be doing massive speeds on these wheels just to and from shows

What tyre sizes should I be going for. Wheels have fitted now 245/35/19 and 275/35/19. 8.5" on front 9.5" on rear

Cheers guys :thumbs:

I may add I'm not looking for massive stetch just enough to make it look a bit more aggressive without hitting the arches

go on the tyre sites and look under the "ghey" section

all the info is in there ;)

on a more useful basis; how stretched do you want to go, are we talking a little stretch or so stretched you can see the rim on its own and it look slike the tyre was painted on?

there's alot of people on here that dont agree with tyre streching, if its what you like then just ignore them lol

I run the same size wheels as the nismo's and all i did was throw the front 245's on the rear and then get some 225's for the front, not a massive stretch but looks good imo and this way you only have to buy two tyres ;)

I had stretched tyres on those very wheels, the only downside is that the car tends to skip sideways when cornering.

What sizes where u running matey?

there's alot of people on here that dont agree with tyre streching, if its what you like then just ignore them lol

I run the same size wheels as the nismo's and all i did was throw the front 245's on the rear and then get some 225's for the front, not a massive stretch but looks good imo and this way you only have to buy two tyres ;)

How did you find the tyres, have you got any pictures?

http://www.rimtuck.com !

just slap in thw wheel and tyres sizes for tonnes of pics , i used to for the opposite reason so i didnt get the lame stretched look but each to their own.

id drop the car a bit when you stretch them or youl end up with a huge arch gap :(

My wheels are already in the arches. I'm using adjustables

just slap in thw wheel and tyres sizes for tonnes of pics , i used to for the opposite reason so i didnt get the lame stretched look but each to their own.

id drop the car a bit when you stretch them or youl end up with a huge arch gap :(

Th reason I'm askin is because I don't want traction control issues

as long as the rolling radius is the same as stock then you won't

How do I work out the rolling radius?

How do I work out the rolling radius?

with an online tyre caluclator.

you put in the current wheel size and then add the new wheel size on the other side and it will tell you what % the new wheel is out by and how much it will effect you mileometer reading.

I may add I'm not looking for massive stetch just enough to make it look a bit more aggressive without hitting the arches

Neil, going the Euro look (stretched) will have the opposite effect and will pull the tyre away from the arch mate, creating a gap. ;)

The Euro look is basically only for show cars and is potentially a real hazzard for road driiving also there are legal implications involved regarding this, of which I am not to sure.

You have now got me totally confused mate, one minute you are building a track warrior and the next you are building a show car.

Do you have a second car that you are not telling us about? :lol::lol::lol:

Neil, going the Euro look (stretched) will have the opposite effect and will pull the tyre away from the arch mate, creating a gap. ;)

The Euro look is basically only for show cars and is potentially a real hazzard for road driiving also there are legal implications involved regarding this, of which I am not to sure.

You have now got me totally confused mate, one minute you are building a track warrior and the next you are building a show car.

+1 I am a confused :lol: But, aggressive, do the lmgt4s really stick out enough to be considered aggressive? Thought the idea was you'd have lip/rim showing but no rubber?

I.e. 10-12" widths with low offsets and maybe 245 tyres? That or massive spacers?

http://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tire ... lcome.html

Lmao I'm showing my track car lol

I'll do it for as long as I can until the money runs out lol. I was considering slightly stretched so when I run spacers on the rays I don't need to take them off when I put the 19's back on. It was the drift look I was wanting rather than euro lmao

I'll do it for as long as I can until the money runs out lol. I was considering slightly stretched so when I run spacers on the rays I don't need to take them off when I put the 19's back on. It was the drift look I was wanting rather than euro lmao

I thought the drift look was fat tyres? :wacko: Iunno.

Looks fat to me?

http://www.modified-cars.info/Pictures- ... Photo.html

For track use, why would you want to fit spacers with the rays?