stretching Tyres on 19" nismo lmgt4's

Neilp

Lmao advice taken!

Anyone know where there is a stock of pirelli pzero rosso's in 245/35/19 96y since I'm now keeping my normal sized tyres?

try camskills

as for the car, have a sit down with alex and work out what you want to achieve, then get the bits and build the car to that idea.

my mistake was not deciding on what i was aiming for with my car and it ended up a mixing pot of ideas. all good. but none leading to a final good idea.

if you want a track based car then you want maximum grip; so a decent set of tyres, possibly wider; good brakes and fluids and possibly a stiffer setup.

if you want show car, then you possibly want to slam it, mega wide wheels with either fitting or stretched tyres depending on choice. and any number of other add ons to make it look pretty.

Get the arches rolled if you want spacers and be able to run LMGT4s and Rays with spacers.

Stretched tyres can work on mega wide wheels sometimes but I've only ever seen about two cars that I like running a stretch.

I had stretched tyres on those very wheels, the only downside is that the car tends to skip sideways when cornering.

What sizes where u running matey?

there's alot of people on here that dont agree with tyre streching, if its what you like then just ignore them lol

I run the same size wheels as the nismo's and all i did was throw the front 245's on the rear and then get some 225's for the front, not a massive stretch but looks good imo and this way you only have to buy two tyres ;)

How did you find the tyres, have you got any pictures?

for fast road use i find it drives fine, but my car dosen't get tracked at all. I read it that you would be using one set of wheels for track with optimal tyres for that and then your lmgt4's with streched tyres for shows? sounds like a reasonable plan not confusing me lol

here's a few pics of mine, like i said not a massive strech but look good and works well for road use ;)

DSC_0604.jpg

DSC_0584.jpg

DSC_0673-1.jpg

Yep I think that was my original idea. Gonna go for a small stretch like the photo which was posted up. May run small spacers on rear for shows.

The car will be track set up but will still be attending shows and promoting the club!

Who needs bling on a track car?

Get some good track biased forged wheels that are wider than rays and show up to shows with them on with 888s. Sweet!

I love my lmgt4's though. Once they have a little freshen up and colour change I think they will look the balls. Maybe look at some rota's for next summer depending how cash it.

888's are mucho expensive