Next upgrade teaser ...

Chris`I

What's it going to be mate? Rigging up a rear view camera would be too easy to guess so I imagine you're doing something nifty with it?

Wanna come and do it if you think its easy? :p:lol: It will be fully integrated with the nav, will have the draw lines on it just the same as the GTR and G37s, and come on when you select reverse :yahoo:

Dont forget the full install with pics! :thumbs:

I will do some sure. Not many of the wiring as thats Brian's handywork, so you'd have to get the harness from him to do it too. He provides very good instructions when you order ;) And he has indicated he would be open for some kind of GB.

It will be fully integrated with the nav, will have the draw lines on it just the same as the GTR and G37s, and come on when you select reverse :yahoo:

And my sisters Quashqai!

Yeh and that :p

As per usual the "sports car" doesnt get any high end features.

What's it going to be mate? Rigging up a rear view camera would be too easy to guess so I imagine you're doing something nifty with it?

Wanna come and do it if you think its easy? :p:lol: It will be fully integrated with the nav, will have the draw lines on it just the same as the GTR and G37s, and come on when you select reverse :yahoo:

Well that is pretty impressive mate, as said full pics :)

How about rigging one up to the front and using the internal hard drive to record? Bit far fetched I imagine but would be awesome.

Sod that Geoff :lol: Doing it with a CarPC sure, I tried that, and it didnt work too well, but it did kindof work, but my programming wasnt good enough to correct some A/V sync problems. Modding OEM hardware and software is a whole other game, no chance! There are options for side camera on the unit, but no one has worked out how to wire them up yet, or how to install them on the car.

Installed the camera today, but having to run it off the ciggy lighter 12v and AUX input to test it. Just need the harness to arrive from the US so I can wire it in properly.

Yes comes on with reverse, and draws the grid lines, I'll take some pics in a bit.

Harness arrived last night, so I got straight to fitting it. Pretty straight forward given the cables were already run to the arm rest from the rear, so whipped the centre console off and removed the monitor. Will do a writeup at the end of the week, have a day off so going to sound deaden the boot, so have to take it all apart again then.

• 4 weeks later...
So when are we getting the Install guide :teeth:

Well I kinda didnt get any photos :blush: I soon realised that with the install pics you get from Brian when you buy the harness, there really is no need. Also, without the harness from Brian, you'll never work out how to wire it up. So all in all, its kinda pointless :lol: And as I did it in the cold, I was working quite quickly!

Ok, think I found it. Was it much of a ballache to fit?

Nah dead easy, just need to take your time.

any pics with the guide lines up chris?

Havent taken any yet, will try and get some before the weekend. Camera does get filthy pretty quickly so will try and get some at work :thumbs: