19" or 20"?

geoff-r

I really don't know what size to go for when I take the plunge and change my wheels. Part of me thinks, yeah the 19's on the car now fill the arches nicely, but when I buy aftermarket wheels do I want the same size or bigger. Of course the car would be lowered so this may sway me as I don't have my car lowered at the moment.

The 20's I used to have on my 350 filled the arches nicely, but this time round spending upwards of 2k on a set of wheels I don't want to buy the 19's and think "they look too small" or buying the 20's and thinking "they're a bit big". I just really don't know. The wheels in question would be Advan RS-Ds.

20" on the RS-D's, but imho they look a bit small on 19"s, whereas the RS's look quite big in 19"?

However, quite a few other 20"s look far too large for the Z imo. All depends on the wheel.

But RS-D's, as ian said :cloud9: However, I prefer the machined + black version :thumbs:

RSD370Z.8853.jpg

Having said that i'm now not so sure...

RS-D_Z34.10836.jpg

19.5" would be the answer! :lol::lol::lol:

Haha you're not wrong!

RS-D :cloud9:

Please tell me your going for the matte black version

Yes I would be going for the matte black ones, although I have to say the all chrome ones look amazing, but I'd always feel like the car was in the wrong part of the world, I think you only get to buy those if you live in California!

I'm actually more confused than ever after seeing all these pictures! I think it really does depend on the wheels. My only other choice, that seems somewhat played out (mainly in the US) was the TE37's. TE37's in 19" look amazing whereas in 20" they lose their shape.

19.5" would be the answer! :lol::lol::lol:

Haha you're not wrong!

RS-D :cloud9:

Please tell me your going for the matte black version

Yes I would be going for the matte black ones, although I have to say the all chrome ones look amazing, but I'd always feel like the car was in the wrong part of the world, I think you only get to buy those if you live in California!

I'm actually more confused than ever after seeing all these pictures! I think it really does depend on the wheels. My only other choice, that seems somewhat played out (mainly in the US) was the TE37's. TE37's in 19" look amazing whereas in 20" they lose their shape.

TE37's are overdone imho, though what about the new TE37 Super Lap?

Advan RS-D's would be far more unusual :thumbs:

Personally I prefer the 19's. Sorry guys if I'm being a bit dim but nobody seems to have mentioned the width of the wheels involved :wacko: I see what you're driving at with regard to filling the arches with 19 or 20 inch diameter but surely the other consideration is the way the wheels fill the arches from a width point of view? :surrender: Shoot me down if I'm talking pants but really want to understand this as it's something I may consider next year, oh, and I wouldn't be lowering mine. Thanks guys :) Sorry if I hijacked the thread a wee bit :surrender:

Very interesting point, noted the rs-ds don't really come in that aggressive fitments. Best seems to be 9"@15 et and 10.5"@20 et, if you can run 1.5 inch stagger? If not, 10"@25 et.

But I'd still say 20" for the advan rs-ds as that lip takes up about an inch and makes them look imho the same size as the rs's in 19".

Very interesting point, noted the rs-ds don't really come in that aggressive fitments. Best seems to be 9"@15 et and 10.5"@20 et, if you can run 1.5 inch stagger? If not, 10"@25 et.

But I'd still say 20" for the advan rs-ds as that lip takes up about an inch and makes them look imho the same size as the rs's in 19".

I run 1.5" stagger.

Personally I prefer the 19's. Sorry guys if I'm being a bit dim but nobody seems to have mentioned the width of the wheels involved :wacko: I see what you're driving at with regard to filling the arches with 19 or 20 inch diameter but surely the other consideration is the way the wheels fill the arches from a width point of view? :surrender: Shoot me down if I'm talking pants but really want to understand this as it's something I may consider next year, oh, and I wouldn't be lowering mine. Thanks guys :) Sorry if I hijacked the thread a wee bit :surrender:

Confusing area eh mate. Do you have a 370? It's generally accepted 19s on a 350 look good but it's really debatable with the 370.

I'm starting to think I should probably lower my car on the standard 19s first and see where I go from there! Looks are one thing but being able to drive the car normally is another!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...