MOT car wash

350ash

My car had its MOT this morning, when I got it back I found out that they'd decided to wash it too :angry:

I'm a bit particular about washing my car and the last thing I want is for someone to smear a dirty sponge across it. To make matters worse I'd spent all of Saturday afternoon washing and claying it then only driven it the few miles to the MOT centre, it was spotless! There are now streaky, dirty water marks all over it and the windows/windscreen are horrendous :bang:

Fortunately I've got today off work and I'd planned to glaze and wax it anyway, so I'll just give it another clean first...

Bad times - I nearly had the same issue at Nissan for my MOT. Went to collect the car and they said "would you like your car washed sir before you leave"

NO!!

DON'T TOUCH IT!!

I was calm and very polite before he mentioned the word CLEAN with a dirty sponge!! I left the garage rather promptly!!

I didnt even let Sytner BMW clean my Z4 when it was filthy as i was planning on doing it myself.

I took my previous car E93 BMW 325i conv to BMW Lincoln for a service and the car had swirl mark everywhere on the bonnet when i got it back..they must have used grit paper to clean the car :scare::angry: ..lesson learnt..never let the dealership wash your car. Not had any problem with Lee's Falcon Performance garage though with the Zed..they care about the car as much as we do.

I got back to collect car on Saturday from windscreen replacement to find them waxing my trim and roof - was about to scream when saw the pristine Focus RS in the corner and full detailing bag...and he was using DDJ pink crush :shrug: well impressed :teeth:

Christ. Are people really this precious?

The MOT place thought they'd be doing you a favour by giving your car a quick clean, and it's a nice gesture most customers would appreciate. If you objected to this so much the onus is on you to make them aware of this. Essentially you're having a go at them because you forgot to tell them not to wash your car? :wacko:

The MOT place thought they'd be doing you a favour by giving your car a quick clean, and it's a nice gesture most customers would appreciate. If you objected to this so much the onus is on you to make them aware of this. Essentially you're having a go at them because you forgot to tell them not to wash your car? :wacko:

I think most of us are yes, we spend lots of time getting the paintwork into a good condition not so someone can come along with a gritty sponge and make all that time a complete waste.

If you were an artist and had just finished a beautiful painting, just because someone comes along with a felt tip pen and has good intentions doesnt mean you'd be happy them drawing on it. ;)

Haha this reminds me of when Nissan had my 350Z in for gearbox problems. I had to get my old man to collect it and he's probably not as particular as me but when he picked it up he noticed it had been 'washed' in actual fact it was covered in streaky water marks being black. He told them to never wash it again :lol:

I know they thought they were doing me a favour which is why I didn't complain whilst I was there but it still annoyed me so I thought I'd have a bit of a moan on here amongst some like minded people. I never considered that they might wash it since it was only there for an MOT and it was spotless already!

Why would they wash the car if it was spotless when you brought it in?

That confuses me more than anything...

It confused me too.

Maybe they got too excited......or maybe they took it out for a spin and washed it after to remove any dirt they picked up....

And yes we are for the most part a little OCD when it comes to cleaning our Zeds :lol: