RAC/Nissan breakdown cover - updated

mbs

I have just been talking to the dealer I bought my 370 from regarding the length of RAC/Nissan breakdown cover I have, I wasn't sure whether it was one or three years. The dealer told me that as long as my car is serviced at the required intervals by a Nissan dealer the cover continues. Good news saves me a few quid a year :thumbs:

Erm...., the dealer may be talking out his erse, or I've read the warranty wrong, therefore I'm talking out mine :blush: , but as I read it, it's for the duration of the 3 year warranty. That's not to say that there'll not be some kind of "extended" warranty or, that this particular dealer may be offering a "lifetime" warranty as some sort of incentive.

But Nissans is 3yrs cover ;)

Think you find it is only one year unless things have changed since the 2009 models and Nissan have not updated their website:

http://www.nissan-aftersales.co.uk/assi ... assistance

Sorry :surrender:

But I got a free year extra with my first service :D

I'll re-read the warranty book tomorrow, but you may find that things have changed since 2009, even early 2010 (premium connect springs to mind, although that was a spec change, it was a pretty mahoosive one, also the 0% deal etc etc), they change the deal every three months.

When I initially read the booklet I wasn't too surprised that I may have found this, mazda did the Assist for the three years of warranty and continued it for free if extended warranty was taken, or £10 per year if not.

Just received this from Nissan UK which confirms my dealer's view.

Dear Mr Smith

Our Ref: 1-1R3GMG

Thank you for your e-mail to Nissan regarding your Nissan 370Z black edition.

I can confirm that when you have your Nissan 370Z serviced at a Nissan dealership within its service schedule (12 months or 9,000 miles which ever comes first) your Nissan 370Z gets 12 months RAC Roadside Assistance. Every time you have your Nissan 370Z serviced at a Nissan dealership your Nissan 370Z will get another 12 months RAC Roadside Assistance cover.

The RAC Roadside Assistance cover is registered to the vehicle itself and not the owner. Should you decide to sell the vehicle the RAC Roadside Assistance cover will go with the vehicle.

I hope this information has been useful. If there is anything else that you feel we may be able to assist with, please do not hesitate to contact us at Nissan Customer Support on 08457 669966. You may also visit us at http://www.nissan.co.uk for further details on any of our vehicles and for a selection of e-brochures.

Yours Sincerely,

Kenny Brown

Nissan Customer Service GB

Opening Hours Mon - Fri: 08.00 - 20.00, Sat: 10.00 - 16.00

Tel: 08457 669966

Fax: 01923899918

E-mail: gb@nissan-services.eu

Web: http://www.nissan.co.uk

Dear Mr Smith

I can confirm that when you have your Nissan 370Z serviced at a Nissan dealership within its service schedule (12 months or 9,000 miles which ever comes first) your Nissan 370Z gets 12 months RAC Roadside Assistance. Every time you have your Nissan 370Z serviced at a Nissan dealership your Nissan 370Z will get another 12 months RAC Roadside Assistance cover.

The RAC Roadside Assistance cover is registered to the vehicle itself and not the owner. Should you decide to sell the vehicle the RAC Roadside Assistance cover will go with the vehicle.

I hope this information has been useful. If there is anything else that you feel we may be able to assist with, please do not hesitate to contact us at Nissan Customer Support on 08457 669966. You may also visit us at http://www.nissan.co.uk for further details on any of our vehicles and for a selection of e-brochures.

Yours Sincerely,

Kenny Brown

As long as you find a good reliable dealer then that makes their prices a little easier to swallow I guess :thumbs: Something for nothing is always nice :D

Dear Mr Smith

Yours Sincerely,

Kenny Brown

As long as you find a good reliable dealer then that makes their prices a little easier to swallow I guess :thumbs: Something for nothing is always nice :D

yes got one used them for the last 4 years

Well done mbs, I've just went through the warranty/Euro Assistance booklet and, I am talking through MY erse :blush: Thanks for getting the clarification on this, good piece of info that I'll be discussing with the dealer where I bought.

Does anyone know then, whether the service info is collated centrally so's that if you require assistance, you don't have to argue that your car has been serviced recently.

Oh, one thing the assist booklet does state, if you are on a promotional offer N928, then you get three years cover B)

• 4 weeks later...