Insurance: Protected No Claims

marzman

Hey all...

Im just trying to get a quote for my 3-series beemer, and i cant get any decent prices. Cheapest i can find is £857 with Swift Cover for:

27yrs Old

6 Years NCB

25k business miles

Legal cover

Courtesy car

and Protected No Claims

I've been on the following sites:

GoCompare

Aviva

DirectLine

ComparetheMarket

Confused.com

Frankly i think £857 is a ridiculous price - i paid less for my zed last year!

Anyway - i've just seen that the Protected No Claims is a £112 option! Is it really worth that? What would happen if i made a claim - my premium would go up anyway surely wouldnt it?

Any thoughts on protected no claims - whether its worth it or not?

I never bother, its a rip off TBH. If your involved in an accident, and its not your fault, you dont loose your NCD anyway. Its a bit like the "legal assistance" Hmmmmm.

Just too add salt I renewed my insurance on sunday, £295 fully comp.. :lol::lol:

Just too add salt I renewed my insurance on sunday, £295 fully comp.. :lol::lol:

Thats because your really old Pual ;):lol::lol::lol:

I found Chris Knott to be cheapest for me :thumbs: .... have you tried them?

Old? Old? But didnt the old man work hard on the weekend? :lol: Felt like crap on sunday though...... :lol::lol::lol:

Admiral all the way :thumbs: I got no claims at no extra cost. I insure my sister and my mum on my zed even tho I have no intention to ever let them behind the wheel :scare: it gets the cost down a fair bit so might be worth a try.

On a negative note tho there was a thread on here the other day saying admiral were rubbish if you ever have to make a claim..so just dont crash!!

Admiral all the way :thumbs: I got no claims at no extra cost. I insure my sister and my mum on my zed even tho I have no intention to ever let them behind the wheel :scare: it gets the cost down a fair bit so might be worth a try.

On a negative note tho there was a thread on here the other day saying admiral were rubbish if you ever have to make a claim..so just dont crash!!

That may have been my thread about crumpled Z. It was elephant who are also admiral. My moan was about Albany Assistance. To be fair, since telling elephant that I do not want to deal with Albany, they've handled everything without any signs of hitch at all. They've authorised the work with the repair center of my choice which was not the cheapest quote that I provided. So hats off to elephant although it's not over yet as they say.

Jim

admiral for me, but i havent got much no claims lol, have a habit of crashing every three years lol.

im with admiral, 22yrs old 1yr no claims, crash about a year and half ago, nismo zed, 1000 quid for the year

I will always, always have protected NCB. No-one is perfect, and I don't want to lose 10+ years of well-earned NCB because I made a mistake and did something stupid. Yes, your insurance will go up if you have a claim anyway, but it won't go up by 60-70% (dependant on insurer and what they give you for full NCB).

An absolute must-have, IMHO.