Which Exhaust? HKS Hi Power Ti - Fitted at last!

philb1965

The HKS Hi Power Ti....woooohoooo!

First one in the UK so hopefully it fits, not been tried on a right hand drive model yet! HKS have kindly agreed to take it back if it doesn't.

I've admired this on the US forums and like the sound and IMO looks the nuts. It'll look good with my Blue car and the burnt tips.

Just got to wait a few weeks for it to arrive now, 3-5 weeks I think.

Just need to find a new insurance company now :thumbs:

Thanks to Mark at Abbey for his help.

Cheers gents, hopefully fairly loud but no bleeding ears! Our american cousins seem to run this with HFC's.

Can only judge the sound from the youtube clips but seems ok in cabin and out.

It is expensive and I shall be hiding the details from she who must be obeyed but hopefully worth every penny!

I told her I would be spending £5-600 on one (multiply by three :scare: )

Vid clip when installed.

It is expensive and I shall be hiding the details from she who must be obeyed but hopefully worth every penny!

Precisely what I'm planning on doing :lol:

Not sure what amount (in realistic women's terms) I can get away with though. Don't think she'd be happy with me spending more that £400, so the full Akra system might seem like a bit of a stretch!

Already prepared a response though. As I'm getting it direct from Slovenia, I'll make up a story that "it's a cheap european system bought off fleabay for £400" Job done :teeth:

Cheers gents, hopefully fairly loud but no bleeding ears! Our american cousins seem to run this with HFC's.

Can only judge the sound from the youtube clips but seems ok in cabin and out.

I told her I would be spending £5-600 on one (multiply by three :scare: )

Vid clip when installed.

Aaaah the power of 3 technique, i've used that one many a time! :lol:

R

• 3 months later...
Looking forward to hearing that and I know Mark at Abbey is a fan of that exhaust so it looks like a great choice B)

It's looking all shiney sat in my study at the moment waiting to get fitted, but I'm that busy at work at the minute I'm not getting the chance to get it done....it's torture! :bangin:

Hopefully get it done this week or early next week and post some pics/vids, but I said that last week!

• 2 weeks later...

OK, finally got the thing fitted! Went on like a glove much to my relief.

Thanks to Kettering Motor Centre for fitting it, they are a family run business and one of the owners John is a Zed fanatic. So much so, that he put a £500 deposit on a red 370 GT today! He used to own a JDM 350 with a few mods, 37K on the clock and chopped it in last year for a 3 series and got only 5K Part Ex :scare: I've told him he needs to join the forum.

Initial impressions after only a few miles.

The car seems a lot smoother in low rev's which is good, I've always found it a little jerky.

Lovely burble although in cabin not as loud as I'd expected. Do they get louder when they carbon up? Window down and it is pretty loud though.

Downshift - fantastic! Pops and burbles, thank you nissan for fitting Synchro Shift!! Sounds great in cabin.

Looks, I love it, twin cans and burnt tips look great.

Do I think it was money well spent?..too bloody right, an essential mod for the 370 even though pricey. Another exhaust option for 370 owners so quite a few now.

Some quick crappy pics taken when I got home this morning, excuse the dirty car. I'll try and get some better ones once the cars been cleaned and hopefully a vid with the help of the lads at work.

SAM_0104.jpg

SAM_0103.jpg

SAM_0101.jpg

SAM_0100.jpg

SAM_0099.jpg

SAM_0105.jpg

Looking good and yes, a change of exhaust makes the 370 sound like a sportscar should and as you say with the syncro-rev its magic - but watch the mpg drop as you enjoy more shifting :lol:

The blue tips blend well with car - very colour co-ordinated :thumbs:

Looks great B)

Also looks like it has removable bungs in the tips, try taking them out, that will make it sound better :teeth: (probably why it seems quiet now - my Stillen was much louder when booting it than OEM)

Nope no bungs, the exhaust tips slip over the pipes and are adjustable.

Definitely a lot louder than stock. Might just be me, I'll take it for a blast tomorrow and see what I think.

Looks great B)

Also looks like it has removable bungs in the tips, try taking them out, that will make it sound better :teeth: (probably why it seems quiet now - my Stillen was much louder when booting it than OEM)

Nope no bungs, the exhaust tips slip over the pipes and are adjustable.

Definitely a lot louder than stock. Might just be me, I'll take it for a blast tomorrow and see what I think.

Ah ok, I think the first shot straight up the pipes is quite deceptive, makes them look like bungs :blush:

Carbon will not make it louder as Mike says, it will soften any rasp down, but doesnt do a lot to noise levels.

Just been out for a blast again B)

Not sure what I was hearing this morning over a few miles but it is tons louder than stock thankfully and I'm still loving the downshifts.

No louder than stock cruising...zero drone. I had a little bit of drone/tone around 3000rpm with the stock, nothing with this.

Thankfully I have fuel card so mucho shifting is going to be happening :thumbs:

Like most of the aftermarket exhausts I expect, the note is deep and rumbly if that makes sense. Definitely not as loud as I thought it might be, but that's probably a good thing. At least if I do find I want more noise I can add some more shiney bits.

Need to get a few more miles under my belt I think.