I organised a dough-nut meet this weekend!

stanski

As you know we have a VW Camper van and me being me decided it was time to arrange a small local gathering at a certain Krispy Kreme Emporium, to meet up with some locals and share the pain over a dough nut. :teeth:

Well....... after spending a few weeks trying (READ pulling teeth) to get people to come guess how many vans turned up ... :blush:

Yes thats right ours and 1 other !

(Plus a modern car as their van is off road at the moment - fair enough) lets pretend then its 3! :blink:

Dont get me wrong the people that turned up were really nice and we had a nice afternoon in the sun but to get others to come along :surrender:

Here are some pictures - try to be polite and not laugh out loud! :blush:

XmGvEeIY1Y.jpg

6Ihw6ePHpe.jpg

gnwRc2WPp3.jpg

q2sh3tHU5j.JPG

ZCfCvLT5nO.jpg

2MD6NaPRi3.jpg

JX2UXq2aCZ.jpg

Q9WzdZzbKZ.jpg

Stan that is really rough especially with you trying so hard. I would of thought the VW camper group would really be up for something like this. They must have had something better to do like going camping somewhere :lol:

I think it was the fact that Brighton Breeze was on - although it p***d it down - we lapped up the rays in Manchester :lol:

Oh well not to worry .... :snack:

Keep trying mate, they might see the light eventually....

Dont think I can be bothered to be honest anyway best spending the rare free weekends getting the van finished inside so we can actually camping in the damn thing?Ideally before Ania is old enough to go to Uni!!! :lol:

Next time inform all camper owners that you will be paying for all "camper's" dough-nuts.

When they arrive point to the car park, point to their camper vans and say "show me your dough-nut and i'll show you the money" ;)

:lol:

I did buy all the dough nuts mate like I always do ;)

Never mind better get a zed again soon I think :D

I don't know Mart sometimes you have to wonder if they worry open heart surgery will be performed on them ??? :lol:

Naa it's family commitments, people forget , try lose the initial enthusiasm etc etc or just lazy.

Dough nut were nice Sally :D:snack:

Next meet will be 350z+ campervan B)

If there are only two vehicles of the same type together can it be technically classed as a meet? I would have thought the minimum amount would be three vehicles, otherwise it is just a coincidence, not a meet.... :lol:

There were 3 vehicles the otherone was'nt a camper! :wacko:

But for once it was nice to sit outside in the hot sun in October with doughnuts and drinks - very cosmopolitan (if you ignore the ASDA petrol station immediately in front of us!) :lol:

If there are only two vehicles of the same type together can it be technically classed as a meet? I would have thought the minimum amount would be three vehicles, otherwise it is just a coincidence, not a meet.... :lol:

But for once it was nice to sit outside in the hot sun in October with doughnuts and drinks - very cosmopolitan (if you ignore the ASDA petrol station immediately in front of us!) :lol:

Maybe that was the problem, such a nice nice day and all the Camper Vans were headed to the coast :boat:B)

Maybe that was the problem, such a nice nice day and all the Camper Vans were headed to the coast :boat:B)

Well yes you are correct - they were at Brighton Breeze show- some gay town on the coast dowwwn souf! :lol: It peed it down there and we had a nice heat wave up north - their loss eh :p