A bit of help please. As I'm out of action

sparky370z

Hey people,

Right as some of u know I have just had major surgery on my back for correction of my spine due to having a collapsed vertebra. I now have a crap load of titanium in me. Woo hoo.

I have been released from hospital early as I'm doing really well. Only thing is I can't drive the zed for at the very least, six weeks. I haven't driven her for two months already! I can't really move much and definitely can't clean or even get in the car.

When I got home, I found that the house up the road is doing building work and covered my car in crap! What a shocker! Also to make things worse my girlfriend tried to turn her over and it wouldn't start.

What was wondering is........ Would one of u very kind people come and sort me out? I have jump leads and loads of biscuits and tea. And take her to a local valeting place to get her looking shiny. My girlfriend is a saint but has gone back to work this week after being at my side for 2 months. So she can't really do it for me. Plus she wouldn't be able to jump the car herself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Sparky

Ooh feel for you mate. I had spinal surgery in 08. Didnt have the titanium discs though as they said i was too young (24 at the time), so i had a Wallis Ligament procedure. Still had to cut a massive hole in my back for it!

Anyway - they absolute key thing to recover is you NEED physio, and lots of it. As they've sliced into your back, you have no muscle control there, so your body doesnt hold your spine in place, meanning the pain will soon return...!

PM me if you need any advice on it mate, as i've been through all this and i know its no fun!

i need to swing by surrey anyway at the weekend i think, so if you don't get a hand from someone else i'd be game. but like hell i'd let a sandpaper company wash it for you :boxing: i'd pack the yeti fist. I'd be free on sat most likely if your still stuck :)

Thanks everyone for the kind messages.

The reason I had surgery is that I have bone cancer, so I have a cage in the front of the spine and screws and rods in the back. They have told me NO physio for at least 6 weeks whilst it starts to fuse together with the rest of my normal bone. But after that the work begins. I hope that it will sort me out. Physio is the next step.

Guys, Just wanted to say that i am really impressed so many people have offered to help, What great team spirit!!!! :clap:

Most people wont offer ten minutes of their time to help a stranger and i think its great so many people here were willing to help a fellow member. I only hope that if you guys ever need a hand, someone will help you.

Guys, Just wanted to say that i am really impressed so many people have offered to help, What great team spirit!!!! :clap:

Most people wont offer ten minutes of their time to help a stranger and i think its great so many people here were willing to help a fellow member. I only hope that if you guys ever need a hand, someone will help you.

This is exactly why I love this site. Everyone is so good. I love it. I'll ring Colin and see if he can come round tomorrow. But I will defo take one of you VERY kind people up on these offers.

thanks so much guys. :thumbs:

What was wondering is........ Would one of u very kind people come and sort me out? I have jump leads and loads of biscuits and tea.

I know I've offered already, but could I make sure I know what you're talking about - previously when someone's asked me to "sort em out" it hasn't involved spark leads! (Well ok, maybe once, but she was weird!)... I don't want to get a *shock* when I get there! :p

On a serious note, you may want to discuss insurance (and worst case scenarios) with whoever the lucky volunteer is - it'd be gutting for both parties if something happened during the trip to the valet place. It may even be worth asking your insurance to add them to your policy fully comp for the day - the insurance company may do it for free considering the circumstances.

Also got a heavy duty fast/trickle charger& a nissan car cover that i wont need till late november,most people ins will only cover them third party,i dont mind with a bit of help from other's giving it a basic clean at yours,like i said pm me if needed,garry.

Thankyou everyone so much. Everyone has been so kind.

Colin has made my day and said he will come round tomorrow and give her a once over.

If anyone wants to pop over and have a cup of tea and biscuits they are more than welcome. I won't be going anywhere. LOL.

Once again thankyou all so much

Hey Sparky

Sorry to hear of your unfortunate health situation, I like many others wish you the best for a speedy recovery & hope you can get back in your zed as soon as. If I was up on my feet myself I would have come over to give your zed a once over.

All the best GWS