Am i ok to go with 225/40/18 + 245/40/18???

karl922

As per the title, im thinking of getting some Vredestein sessanta for my rays, as they are much cheaper than a 45 profile so ill end up with a better tyre with the money ive got. Is there any problem with this and will it make the wheels look lost in the arches with a smaller profile?

Cheers guys.

same question for the millionth time. i see a few of us suggest that there will be issues with the ESP. is it only me that didnt have any probs? :dry:

i can safely say no probs at all. tried and tested with a few sets. ps2s, 050As and 888s. rays with and without spacers. :blush:

slightly harsher ride yes, wheel arches showing a bit emptier yes, slightly sharper steering yes, cheaper defo yes.

Fronts will be 3.41% out and rears will be 3.62% out, so little relative difference front to back and therefore there will be no problem with the traction control :thumbs: ........................ However when your speedo reads 70 mph you will only be doing 67.5 :thumbdown: ............................ Also the diameter of the rear tyres will be some 24.5 mm less thus the car will be lowered by 12 mm (possible clearance problems on steep drives/speed humps) :thumbdown: ........................ In addition the overall gearing of the car will be lower which will result in slightly better acceleration

However it will look bad IMO so I would advise you stick to standard :thumbs: