puddle under the zed...

cerealuk

Had something strange happen tonight with the zed and actually now I think about it, its happened before but I kinda ignored it.

Was sat stationary with engine on for over an hour and when I got out there was a puddle of liquid trailing down the road a little. It started (I think) just behind the passenger side from wheel. The strange thing is, the water level is fine, I'm sure its not oil and the wiper reservoir also seems to be fine... any idea where this is coming from ? :wacko::wacko:

Its from the air con mate,dont worry. I had this when my car went in for a service,was really worried seeing water drip from the same area,but it perfectly normal.

I went to the BTCC,and when in the Honda garage i pointed out to my mate that the Cayenne doctors car had a huge puddle under it,he said its from the air con. Im guessing its the moister from the system draining out.

Had something strange happen tonight with the zed and actually now I think about it, its happened before but I kinda ignored it.

Was sat stationary with engine on for over an hour and when I got out there was a puddle of liquid trailing down the road a little. It started (I think) just behind the passenger side from wheel. The strange thing is, the water level is fine, I'm sure its not oil and the wiper reservoir also seems to be fine... any idea where this is coming from ? :wacko::wacko:

+1

I know its quite normal and no big deal but mine had never done it until recently....surely its not MEANT to do it?!

Aye - all cars with air con do it I think.

Something to do with the condenser purging the moisture its filters from the car :shrug: ......but I'm quite happy to be corrected on that

I know its quite normal and no big deal but mine had never done it until recently....surely its not MEANT to do it?!

Vik as you know I'm an a/c engineer. The water content discharged is due to the moisture content of the air and how much your car cools the air. Similar to why you get dew on grass in the morning if it's cool.

It will have been doing it from day one but is usually discharged when driving. You just won't have noticed it before. It's normal behaviour and means it's working correctly and efficiently. It means it's managing to cool the air beyond it's dew point which is good in terms of cooling.

Vik as you know I'm an a/c engineer. The water content discharged is due to the moisture content of the air and how much your car cools the air. Similar to why you get dew on grass in the morning if it's cool.

It will have been doing it from day one but is usually discharged when driving. You just won't have noticed it before. It's normal behaviour and means it's working correctly and efficiently. It means it's managing to cool the air beyond it's dew point which is good in terms of cooling.

KK :thumbs: