Front suspension knocks

Shaun1982

Looks like I need to replace the drivers side "banana bar" on my 2005 Roadster. Anyone know where I can get one of these online? Live out in the sticks in North Wales so taking the lazy route. I also need to change the front drivers side hub, getting noisy. Americans can buy these for $160 maybe we should import some as a group buy. In the meantime - any discounts available for either of above to members?

thanks in advance.

They are about £358 inc VAT each from Nissan stealer. It's a common wear and tear part..at this rate we are replacing ours, Nissan should give club member a discount. :thumbdown: My understanding is u are better off getting new ones than pre-owned second hand ones

Looks like I need to replace the drivers side "banana bar" on my 2005 Roadster. Anyone know where I can get one of these online? Live out in the sticks in North Wales so taking the lazy route. I also need to change the front drivers side hub, getting noisy. Americans can buy these for $160 maybe we should import some as a group buy. In the meantime - any discounts available for either of above to members?

thanks in advance.

Try a PM to zmanalex or r35lee.

And welcome, I'm only 17 mile down the road from you. :wave:

thanks in advance.

Both in stock and good to go same/next day :thumbs:

Front Hub £225.00

Front Compression Arm £335.00

Alex. :)

• 4 months later...

thanks in advance.

Try a PM to zmanalex or r35lee.

And welcome, I'm only 17 mile down the road from you. :wave:

Not been on the Forum for while..... thank you for the welcome, I will keep an eye out - mine is a black roadster (some of the time - with all the roadworks on the A5 and A470 its mostly a muddy beige!!)

thanks in advance.

Both in stock and good to go same/next day :thumbs:

Front Hub £225.00

Front Compression Arm £335.00

• 1 month later...

I have knocking from (what seems to be) the front right wheel.

I gave it to TGM Sport in Fleet for 2 weeks but Tom couldn't find anything causing it. He said there was a bit of play in the front drop links so they got replaced but the noise is still there.

Though in my case, it's not related to turning, it's when I'm driving over uneven surface at slow speeds (<40 mph).

I'm beginning to think that maybe it's just something banging against the body, like the wheel arch lining plastic parts or maybe the bumper or so.

But it bugs the hell out of me...

I have knocking from (what seems to be) the front right wheel.

I gave it to TGM Sport in Fleet for 2 weeks but Tom couldn't find anything causing it. He said there was a bit of play in the front drop links so they got replaced but the noise is still there.

Though in my case, it's not related to turning, it's when I'm driving over uneven surface at slow speeds (<40 mph).

I'm beginning to think that maybe it's just something banging against the body, like the wheel arch lining plastic parts or maybe the bumper or so.

But it bugs the hell out of me...

It will be the banana bar if changing the ARB had made no difference ;)

No you would not notice any difference in handling.Mine sounded like a creaky old cart when I turned my steering wheel while stationary.

Don't take stealers advice and by the while bar,you won't get much change out of £500.Alex has the bush that collapses and causes the noise.

Is that something that any garage can do? I'm asking because tbh I was very unimpressed with TGM Sport and the fact that they haven't been able to spot/fix the problem after having the car for 2 weeks.

Replacing the compression arm is a very straight forward job as is replacing the bush, however the bush has to be pressed out.

Tom at TGM will most certainly manage this job for you.

Tom has my number if he requires to talk to me about your unsolved issues. :thumbs: