Who is your 40th insured with?

geoff-r

Just out of interest which company do you guys with Black Editions insure with? Just had my renewal through from Elephant and at £1300 re-running the quote with another company in the same group (Admiral of EUI trading) it comes out around £1000 which is a little more acceptable but still. Are there any 370Z friendly insurance companies, if not I'll pay the 1k, it's only £200 more than my 350 cost me :)

Just had my renewal through from Elephant and at £1300 re-running the quote with another company in the same group (Admiral of EUI trading) it comes out around £1000

Renewal quotes are always 10~20% higher than a new policy quote!

Just call the renewal line and say you've got a cheaper quote from Admiral and give them the quote number... They will check it and match the price in seconds! I do this every year, although my saving is only £30-40 ;)

Another tip for Admiral/Elephant is to add an older more experienced driver to the policy (if you haven't already), even if they're never going to drive it. This can slash your price by hundreds!

The 370 is group 19 versus 18 for the 350 so it'll always cost more :thumbdown:

Just had my renewal through from Elephant and at £1300 re-running the quote with another company in the same group (Admiral of EUI trading) it comes out around £1000

Renewal quotes are always 10~20% higher than a new policy quote!

Just call the renewal line and say you've got a cheaper quote from Admiral and give them the quote number... They will check it and match the price in seconds! I do this every year, although my saving is only £30-40 ;)

Another tip for Admiral/Elephant is to add an older more experienced driver to the policy (if you haven't already), even if they're never going to drive it. This can slash your price by hundreds!

The 370 is group 19 versus 18 for the 350 so it'll always cost more :thumbdown:

Do you have a 40th if so get your number down on the list.

Interesting to know who you guys are with. I might combine my Audi with my Zed then and see how it works out on a multi car policy. I have 2 years NCB on my 370 so there's a great difference but then you know to hand over money for insurance within reason is never too bad as it's all forgotten about when you take her out for a drive.

• 2 weeks later...
I know I prpbably a lot older than you but my 350 was £360 and my 370 black edition is £435, I'm with More Than with max no claims.

Virtually the same as me (full no claims/no points/business use) - with Chris Knott and all mods declared - nice thing was when I added the spacers after signing up just gave them a call and they noted it with no extra charge.

Previously with Admiral on their multicar - when it came to renewal they clearly worked on the basis I was 'hooked' and nearly doubled the the premium - so I left. Also a bit concerned that only one no claims bonus might be counted in the future but Chris Knott was happy to provide two different policies with max no claims (one the ZED and one for the Jazz in the +1's name) so we didn't lose out.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Previously with Admiral on their multicar - when it came to renewal they clearly worked on the basis I was 'hooked' and nearly doubled the the premium - so I left

I've just done exactly the opposite. Chris Knott wanted nearly £1200 to renew, admiral came in at £450 (23 years driving, max ncd, no accidents/convictions, good postcode). Why do they do it? They must know what we're going to do. I was shocked at Chris Knott; I thought they'd be above games like that. I didn't ask them to re-quote, if they don't send the best first time they don't deserve the business imho.