First Z

Dear all

I'm thinking about getting my first Z in the next few months and am trying to work out the finances!

Aside from the initial cost of the car and fuel, would anyone be able to give me a rough idea of what I will need to shell out (what and how much) e.g. services, tyres, brakes, etc. I appreciate this will depend a lot on how old/condition of the car, but I just want an idea!

Cheers!

Servicing, the big p3 is between £300-£370,Tyres between £120-£200 for branded ones,falken are popular on here and they are about £120,conti's&mich are the around the £200,decent brake pads are £80-£120,you can get cheap one's for around £40-£50 but i would not recc them,mpg i get about 22-26 av,ins the right age with no points is between £500-£700,like most jap engines they are pretty bullit proof but ide rec keeping the service history up to date,main reason is keeping up re-sale value,car tax is an issue pre 06 will save you £200 a year.good luck finding one,there will be some good on the forum as people on here take care of them there like a member of the family,there imo the best all round value for money car about,you can get a lot of car for 10k.ive got a uk car but imo a top specced import are the best value.

Servicing, the big p3 is between £300-£370,Tyres between £120-£200 for branded ones,falken are popular on here and they are about £120,conti's&mich are the around the £200,decent brake pads are £80-£120,you can get cheap one's for around £40-£50 but i would not recc them,mpg i get about 22-26 av,ins the right age with no points is between £500-£700,like most jap engines they are pretty bullit proof but ide rec keeping the service history up to date,main reason is keeping up re-sale value,car tax is an issue pre 06 will save you £200 a year.good luck finding one,there will be some good on the forum as people on here take care of them there like a member of the family,there imo the best all round value for money car about,you can get a lot of car for 10k.ive got a uk car but imo a top specced import are the best value.

Just to qualify one or two of the above, servicing costs depend on whether you use a Nissan Dealer and where in the UK you are, I paid £210 (with my own oil and filter) for a P3 and insurance can be as low as £350 depending on age, where in the UK you are and no claims record.

Welcome to the mad house,you are in the right place for all the info you need.

Check out the FAQs, other clever people will be along to help.

Good luck hunting.

Oh and check the For Sales on here,we treat the cars like spoilt children.

:welcome:

Petrol's the killer, the other costs are about the same as you'd expect for any other performance car. But once you've got it, you'll learn to forget all about the costs and just love the drive... :yahoo:

well its bound to be a fair bit cause of the size of the engine but i am gurrently spending near 250 a month on diesel but with new job will only have to do 50 miles a week so i cant describe how happy this make me, a five minute drive to work instead of an hour ohhhhh happy days

and what do people think of the import that are available and also do re maps, or up revs as i seem to read a lot offer much for the money???

:welcome:

Petrol's the killer, the other costs are about the same as you'd expect for any other performance car. But once you've got it, you'll learn to forget all about the costs and just love the drive... :yahoo:

well its bound to be a fair bit cause of the size of the engine but i am gurrently spending near 250 a month on diesel but with new job will only have to do 50 miles a week so i cant describe how happy this make me, a five minute drive to work instead of an hour ohhhhh happy days

and what do people think of the import that are available and also do re maps, or up revs as i seem to read a lot offer much for the money???

Imports ar great value but imo try and get a high spec 1,re-map is great,notice lots of extra accel,wel pleased i had it done.