Missing my zed.

350zStephen

After getting silly offers, and having plenty timewasters contact me about the sale of my zed, she has been put to hibernation for the winter.

Since Friday, I have used public transport to get to work, and to the girlfriends. I miss her dearly. (my zed ofcourse) :blush::lol:

Whilst she is kept nice and snug in my garage, I am planning to get her mint for next spring.. respray bumber, refurb wheels/possibly new wheels and a few wee extras. :thumbs:

Has anyone previously owned a UK 2000 Impreza Turbo? there is a few within my price bracket of £3k. Opinions? They seem pretty good to have for the winter, and hopefully I will be able to get out of my street this year if it snows.

Cheers :)

i know the feeling mate, mines is of the road for the winter now aswell.

Jenni it feels like winter in scotland just now lol.

I have the wheels off mines just now currently pulling the exhaust of to fit decats and going on a shopping spree for it over the next few months lol.

scoobs generally have had there hole ripped in by neds mate, my mate bought one last year and the turbo went within 2 weeks so be careful when buyin

Jenni, my insurance had ran out on Friday, and Admiral want £1500 up front for 10 months. I think it is a better idea taking it off the road during the winter months buying a runner, and having more fun in it when the weather is better. :)

Nice one Neil, how was the holiday? You just cruising about in your work van then? I agree with you about the whole ned thing, I just want something that is cheap to buy, AWD, and is fun. :)

If the weather is anything like last years, i'll be taking the bus to work for 2-3 months. I had a few scary moments last winter with black ice and snow, and I would not like a repeat this year. hehe.

holiday was amazing mate, came back ill though with an ear infection and throat infection. off work for 2 days doctor said.

im suprised admiral were so expensive, i was 1000 with them 1 yrs ncb crash a year and a bit ago, 22 yrs old driving 4.5 years.

must be something to do with your postcode..

Buy something like an old landrover or something and you'll probs never get stuck lol.

my insurance on a scoob is still wild but that was for the 2.5l type uk, think it was about 2200

Not good Neil, I was falling to bits after returning from a relaxing two week holiday in Mexico. Ear infection, chest infection and was coughing up stuff for months. Then went to Kavos with the lads, complete bender, no sleep, never eat right, and felt right as rain when I returned. Just don't get it. :lol: Glad your better now mate.

I don't think postcode matters much Neil as we are in pretty much the same postcode. I think because I leave my zed on the street possibly bumps up my premium.

Have already had a look at 3000GT's Irfan, cracking performance for the money, but heard they are abit of a moneypit to keep running, which is not ideal for me. I have loved them since I had one in Gran Turismo 2. It was actually the fastest car in the game believe it or not.

Not good Neil, I was falling to bits after returning from a relaxing two week holiday in Mexico. Ear infection, chest infection and was coughing up stuff for months. Then went to Kavos with the lads, complete bender, no sleep, never eat right, and felt right as rain when I returned. Just don't get it. :lol: Glad your better now mate.

I don't think postcode matters much Neil as we are in pretty much the same postcode. I think because I leave my zed on the street possibly bumps up my premium.

Have already had a look at 3000GT's Irfan, cracking performance for the money, but heard they are abit of a moneypit to keep running, which is not ideal for me. I have loved them since I had one in Gran Turismo 2. It was actually the fastest car in the game believe it or not.

not better yet lol, only back yesterday.

the gto was my favourite car in the game aswell lol.

get a pulsar? there 4wd arent they?

Just a quick point for everyone.......I assume you all know that if you add your missus/mother/sister onto your policy (provided they've got a decent history) it wipes hundreds off the quote? Even if they're not a main driver.

Its mental.......we (will) pay £1000 for a 2008 2 litre diesel lancer with a chip on it (my car - main driver) and a Zed (missus car- main driver) - both insured on both cars. Granted we're 28 and have 2 and 4 years no claims respectivly but take the missus off and mine goes through the roof!!!!

We're with Admiral too.

not better yet lol, only back yesterday.

the gto was my favourite car in the game aswell lol.

get a pulsar? there 4wd arent they?

Ah sorry to hear that mate, nothing a wee half bottle wont sort out :p

Pulsar is a no no, now that is a neddy car. :scare:

Ricey, I have my two elder brothers on the policy that drive her time to time. They are mid 30's with over 10 years NCB, they alone knock £1k off the policy from a new quote. The sad thing is that I am only 21. My 4 years NCB and clean licence doesn't help much.

And thanks Paulie. :)

Lol.......dude your 21 and driving a Zed!!!!

Am I the only one that remembers having to drive a 1.4 (insert shed of choice) Seat Ibiza when they were 21!!!!

I see where your coming from now mate - I was in the same boat......in fact I was worse. At 21 I was paying £1800 for the Ibiza (with its rocket like 60bhp)......bloody car was only worth £2k!!!