'06 onwards Reflector LED's

marzman

Hi all,

Im slightly reluctant to post this as i've not totally finished them yet, but here's a quick sneak peek...

These are standard '06 onwards reflectors which have been retrofitted with some pre-made superbright white LED strips.

I've mounted the LED's so that they're forward facing, rather than side facing as with the old-style reflectors i did. There are 21 LED's in the strip.

Here are some pictures and a video. I've got the flash on the camera so you can see the individual LED's... they are very bright, and without the flash, the whole reflector looked illuminated.

I can retrofit these LED's to your existing reflectors for £40 + P&P.

Please PM me if interested.

106_0394.jpg

106_0381.jpg

106_0382.jpg

106_0385.jpg

106_0388.jpg

• Like 1

Interesting conversion. How do you plan to "seal" the hole that has been created? I am looking at doing the same, and have managed to open up the reflector completely. Took some trial and error, but eventually they parted company.

I will be linking the indicators to the "new" indicator/reflector.

Interesting conversion. How do you plan to "seal" the hole that has been created? I am looking at doing the same, and have managed to open up the reflector completely. Took some trial and error, but eventually they parted company.

What did you use to get them apart bud? A heat gun? I'll be sealing mine up with clear silicone sealant.

What did you use to get them apart bud? A heat gun? I'll be sealing mine up with clear silicone sealant.

NO HEAT.... Tried that and they blew up like a balloon... :angry: I managed to get them apart with a tiny circular saw, about the size of a 5pence coin, and finished the cut with a new stanley blade.

Doogyrev and I have just completed this mod on both our cars, Doogyrev has put clear reflectors on and using them as DTRL. Whereas i have as you know linked them to may indicators. DTRL on Doogyrevs look the dogs nuts...

one thing i would say though, and i shouldnt criticise because i think they look ace and far past my abilities but...

could you do them with bigger leds but less of them? i think they would look alot more like the audi ones that way whcih look ace!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

:clap: These look great!

Has anyone tried fitting these JDM Clear Reflectors to 2003-2005 cars? I know they have slightly different fixings - can they me modified to fit?

Anyone doing these LED versions?

03-05 have completley different reflectors to 06+, so that are not interchangeable.

Have a search and you will find examples of both ;)

• 1 month later...

these are awesome!!!!

my only worry is if i get them people will think im a R8 wanna-b!

NO HEAT.... Tried that and they blew up like a balloon... :angry: I managed to get them apart with a tiny circular saw, about the size of a 5pence coin, and finished the cut with a new stanley blade.

Doogyrev and I have just completed this mod on both our cars, Doogyrev has put clear reflectors on and using them as DTRL. Whereas i have as you know linked them to may indicators. DTRL on Doogyrevs look the dogs nuts...

can i ask how you linked them to your indicators? and what you mean? they only come on when you put your indicators on? (so they flash?)

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Sorry for the very late reply, I forgot I even posted this. I'm still looking for clear ones without having to pay full wack for them... Got a holiday coming up so will see how many monies I can not spend in the sun