Ben Collins is The Stig

Chesterfield

There have been rumours for ages, and you are right I think Collins passed comment to someone back in 2007 about his Stig identity, but it was all covered and hushed up until now.

It makes perfect commercial sense for him to release his identity now. Top Gear is still high profile around the globe, people will buy the book possibly into the millions to read about his exploits taking celebs around the track, driving some of the worlds rarest and fastest cars. He'll probably get the sack from the show, breach of contract and all that, but I guess the money from the book sales will make up for that.

About 2 years ago the parents of one of my mate's owned a house in Salcombe, Devon that was on the market, a guy turned up called Ben Collins to look at the house, fairly wealthy guy into racing they got talking and it came out he was the Stig on Top Gear. So I've known for a couple of years. But the thing is, does it really matter than he's been 'unmasked' as it were? No. It's the Stig, it could be Michael Jackson behind that helmet for all I care. It's just the novelty and the introductions by Clarkson that make the Stig.

I agree - what's the big deal? I don't care who he is, he plays the part well. I think its a shame that because of the secrecy clause he can't rake extra money in doing books, talks and other stuff like the rest of the regular presenters do. It doesn't seem fair when he's an integral part of the show. :shrug:

Its no different to revealing the identity of Borat, or Lily Savage in my eyes, its all just a bit of fun, and we are happy to go along with it.....

Exactly! Keith Lemon being another of my faves! :lol:

Keith Lemon kissed my face!....Well, Leigh Francis did! My brother got us back stage to celeb juice and in the after party, Leigh came over to speak to my brother and he said, "Leigh, this is my brother, Chris" (as you do) And Leigh's reply was "I dont know what to dooo?" ( In his thick northern accent) so he lent over and kissed my cheek! :lol: His mustache tickled my face!! :blush:

Nice guy! :thumbs: