Bloody F***ING careless fool!

Demolition49

Sat in the traffic yesterday 3 cars or so away from the traffic lights completely stationary on a slight hill going downwards... the all of a sudden a hear and feel a thud!

First thing that goes through my mind is oh great!

So i unlock the door and get out, before i even put my first leg out the door i hear "what the **** are you doing, you idiot!"

I reply "what the **** are you doing, you just went in to the back of me!"

I get out my iphone take a couple of pics, whilst taking them he goes "what are you taking pictures for? there is no damage!"

(its pouring down with rain in a traffic que at the lights)

So i say "dont use language like that please" (trying to stop myself from punching the idiot)

He knows its his fault but is swearing at me like a bafoon!

He says "get back in the bloody car"

i said "no this is a bloody expensive car you idiot"

he gets back in his car and then i get back in mine and then as soon as he can drives off, didnt get his number and he was very rude when he knew it was his fault!

How the **** can i go backwards up a hill in to him is not possible unless i put her in reverse! she was in 1st with clutch down and break on, ready to move off!

Lucky for him it was very minor damage, so here are the pics... what should i do? claim and face the trouble ahead for such small damage, im quite pi**ed off by his attitude... he deserves to lose his no claims? :thumbdown::rant::angry::bang:

mobilephoto27aug2010125h.jpg

mobilephoto27aug2010130.jpg

mobilephoto27aug2010130.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if im wrong, but he will only loose his no claims if HE claims for his own damage.

You sound like you let him away too easily. I hope you took down his registration number? Normaly I try to get that, name, phone number, name of insurance company.

If the damage is there, claim him.

Hell get a whiplash claim in as well, takes 2 years or so, but you cant knock 3 grand for nothing. ;)

Correct me if im wrong, but he will only loose his no claims if HE claims for his own damage.

You sound like you let him away too easily. I hope you took down his registration number? Normaly I try to get that, name, phone number, name of insurance company.

If the damage is there, claim him

You lose your no claims if the accident is your fault and your insurer has to pay out

if you've got his details then make a claim. Even the smallest bit of damage would p**s me off.

It sounds like he's going to deny any damage though but the pictures you have should help. Have you got a clearer on that shows his registration?

if you've got his details then make a claim. Even the smallest bit of damage would p**s me off.

It sounds like he's going to deny any damage though but the pictures you have should help. Have you got a clearer on that shows his registration?

I know his reg but i thought when i took that pic the reg came out ok it reads bk07lzm - honda - i checked it on the dvla website and its correct.

I know his reg but i thought when i took that pic the reg came out ok it reads bk07lzm - honda - i checked it on the dvla website and its correct.

I would make the claim then, might take a while for your insurer to sort out. And correct me if I'm wrong but is it not an offence to disappear without exchanging details when an accident occurs on a public road?

I would be straight down to the coppers and say he drove off without exchanging details, there is clearly damage to my car regardless how small it may be. At the end of the day..... he hit you and has damaged your property. Get that @rsehole to pay for it

I would make the claim then, might take a while for your insurer to sort out. And correct me if I'm wrong but is it not an offence to disappear without exchanging details when an accident occurs on a public road?

Problem is i didnt ask for his details like an idiot thinking there was no damage only now that its dry i can see it :thumbdown:

he drove off from the scene of an accident without giving you his details :teeth: its not your responsibility to make sure he does that, its his ;) he's in trouble :yahoo:

set the dogs on him :evil:

To the police office with you!!!!!!!!

you 100% on that?

I dont want to go to the police unless im 100% sure im correct in going to them?

I would get the insurance on it. You'll only end up noticing it each time you get in even though its very minor and you'll have to end up explaining it to the person you sell your zed on to.

Its clearly his fault - if you go into the back of someone its very unlikely to be your fault (as you know).

he drove off from the scene of an accident without giving you his details :teeth: its not your responsibility to make sure he does that, its his ;) he's in trouble :yahoo:

you 100% on that?

I dont want to go to the police unless im 100% sure im correct in going to them?

why not?? they will keep you right bud :thumbs:

+1

They're right mate, it is an offence to leave the scene of an accident without providing your details.

Of course if you drove off first then it could be argued that you were the one to leave.

He got back in to his car first and as soon as he had an oppotunity to leave, he did so.

Firstly before even contemplating making a claim Have you reported this to the police? The insurance company will only ask. You have a duty to report the accident to the police if any of the following apply.

Owing to the presence of a mechanically propelled vehicle on a raod or any other public place and accident occurs by which, Damage is caused to another vehicle other than that vehicle or trailer. The driver must stop and report it and if so required to do by any person having reasonable grounds for requiring it. Give there name and address, the owners name and address and regisration number of the vehicle.

The above is required and if anyone fails to do so at the time they must do so at a police station or police officer as soon as reasonably practicable and in any case within 24 hours.

There is a specific offence under sec 140(4) RTA 1988 where it is an offence for a driver of a mechanically propelled vehicle to fail to report to accident to the police if they fail to give their name and address.

So if the T xxxxx er hasnt done any of the above and you are still contemplating an insurance claim cover your back.

Firstly before even contemplating making a claim Have you reported this to the police? The insurance company will only ask. You have a duty to report the accident to the police if any of the following apply.

Owing to the presence of a mechanically propelled vehicle on a raod or any other public place and accident occurs by which, Damage is caused to another vehicle other than that vehicle or trailer. The driver must stop and report it and if so required to do by any person having reasonable grounds for requiring it. Give there name and address, the owners name and address and regisration number of the vehicle.

The above is required and if anyone fails to do so at the time they must do so at a police station or police officer as soon as reasonably practicable and in any case within 24 hours.

There is a specific offence under sec 140(4) RTA 1988 where it is an offence for a driver of a mechanically propelled vehicle to fail to report to accident to the police if they fail to give their name and address.

So if the T xxxxx er hasnt done any of the above and you are still contemplating an insurance claim cover your back.

So ring the police station right now and tell them about it?

So ring the police station right now and tell them about it?

:thumbs: