Advise on power gains Please

rothers2901

Hi.

I have the urge to squeeze a few more HP out of my Z (04 plate). The problem that i have is that i have read somewhere, that by installing a Plenum spacer and a pannel filter you can gain a few more HP.

On the other hand i have also read that because the Z has a specific type of ECU and air folw meter they would recognise the changes and adjust things accordingly which would result in no gains at all.

I would appreciate any advise at all, and if any one could back up the claims with power print outs even better.

Thanks Rothers2901 :drive1

agreed, plenum spacer has proven gains due to the front two cylinders being starved with the design of the plenum (due to the strut bar being in the way).

panel filter with post 06 air box is the best for power gains.

A tune once you have done your mods then makes the most of the money you have spent. i'd probably stop about there tbh otherwise you're burning money.

you may get to about the 300bhp mark from that. (maybe)

this is all assuming you are in a pre 06 car.

I use the UpRev tune which was done by Abbey on the race car, all I can say is it is well worth the money!

the car drives so much better, Mark worked his magic and squeezed another 40bhp out of mine which was running below where it should have been as well as sorting the throttle control out :thumbs:

you wont be dissapointed, your probably better off talking to Mark or Scott @ Abbey on the subject :drive1

i recently fitted a plenium i have 06 airbox with k&n filter managed 295 at rs tuning in leeds from 270 a few months back standard.

Had the uprev,plen&drop in filter from abbey,9bhp gain,you do notice it&im pleased with results,i may be wrong but i dont think your get 300bhp unless you change the cats/decat&new system,still think you may bay 5 or 6bhp short

pre 06 wont hit 300bhp with an exhaust and de cat pipes.

would you notice the difference without them... apart from the noise... not really

uprev will give your car a breath of life; not so much in the power, but the response and feel of the car. abbey is well worth the trip