MPG

Paino

Hi Guys,

Purchased an 04 350Z a few weeks back and i am loving it. :teeth:

I know it's not an economical car....but i put in £30 yesterday which according to the computer it game me 159 miles, i drove 8 miles (not once booting it) and the computer said i only had 114 miles left. Surely thats not right is it?

It assumes your driving style never changes from the current average. My dad does alot of town driving in his Octavia diesel, when he fills it to go on a long journey it reads 400+ miles, 50 miles of motorway and it starts reading 500+

Ive noticed low down the needle moves around alot depending on how much you throw the car around.

It assumes your driving style never changes from the current average. My dad does alot of town driving in his Octavia diesel, when he fills it to go on a long journey it reads 400+ miles, 50 miles of motorway and it starts reading 500+

I find the trip computer pretty accurate overall when I have done a long trip and checked it properly...

I am :yahoo: at the moment cos im filling up at Sainsburys nr work, £115.9 for Super Unleaded and getting 30mpg on my 18mile commute :thumbs:

Anyway if the OP is worried about fuel economy after a few weeks :wave:

:lol: dont worry about it mate, you'll get used to it.. keep it filled to the brim and fill at half way... there was a post on a forum somewhere about how once you go buy half a tank the other half of your tank is filled with petrol vapour which you wont get to use, so if u minimise this then you'll get better miles for your money. ie if you run your car low you have about 60-70 litres of petrol vapour in your tank, dont know how much this when in its liquid state, but as soon as you open your fuel tank it all escapes...

also buy fuel early in the morning when ambient air temps have been at there lowest and the fuel is in its most dense state...

cant remember where i read it but there does seem some logic in it

:lol: dont worry about it mate, you'll get used to it.. keep it filled to the brim and fill at half way... there was a post on a forum somewhere about how once you go buy half a tank the other half of your tank is filled with petrol vapour which you wont get to use, so if u minimise this then you'll get better miles for your money. ie if you run your car low you have about 60-70 litres of petrol vapour in your tank, dont know how much this when in its liquid state, but as soon as you open your fuel tank it all escapes...

also buy fuel early in the morning when ambient air temps have been at there lowest and the fuel is in its most dense state...

cant remember where i read it but there does seem some logic in it

Sounds wrong to me. You have to remember you have to carry that weight around also so that will decrease MPG by more than the vapor thing I would suspect.

the range is a good indication on how you drive at that time more than being accurate over the tank.

I often brighten up my commute trying to get to work with more miles than I left the house with! :lol:

I don't tend to trust my trip computer much, but every time i boot it i do see the fuel needle visibly drop....i find the best cure for this problem is not to look at the fuel gauge, and fill it up as you need :teeth: ...at one point my local garage owner said i was one of his favourite customers and use to give me a free miniroll every time i filled up :lol:

You had also better get used to the fact that the fuel guage does not drop in a linear fashion. Seems to stick at the same point for a while before dropping alamingly!! :scare:

Mine drops about the same speed that the speedo rises :blush:

You had also better get used to the fact that the fuel guage does not drop in a linear fashion. Seems to stick at the same point for a while before dropping alamingly!! :scare:

:lol: i want this in my life!

:lol: i want this in my life!

No you don't

250 miles to £90 stops being fun after a while :headhurt:

lol funnyest tihng my guage has done is actaully go up ! and i dont mean the dte but the actaul needle moved up , seriously though as the other have all said the dte is rally dt nearly empty , filled up today after 430 miles didnt even get 70 litre sin and it said i had 30 miles or about 1 gallon left , gauge lies alot !