Water Temp. 2004 GT

glrnet

Hi,

How long does your water temperature gauge take to reach normal from cold? By cold I mean left garaged overnight during the recent warm weather. Mine is at normal in no more than 0.75 mile, it just seemed quick to me and I wondered if this is normal. It doesn't appear to increase at all after this so hopefully nothing to worry about? :)

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead..

Mmy car warms up quickly enough and the needle sits within the "normal range" on the gauge, but as it sits just below half way I was wondering whether this is normal? In my old Golfs, the needle used to sit slap bang in the middle of the gauge at 90..

Driving conditions being - taking it easy. Flowing A roads and Motorways. Current weather conditions. Not sitting in traffic. Totally standard car.

I was wondering where your needle commonly sits under normal operation?

Same as yours, nothing to worry about :thumbs::)

Hi All,

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead..

Mmy car warms up quickly enough and the needle sits within the "normal range" on the gauge, but as it sits just below half way I was wondering whether this is normal? In my old Golfs, the needle used to sit slap bang in the middle of the gauge at 90..

Driving conditions being - taking it easy. Flowing A roads and Motorways. Current weather conditions. Not sitting in traffic. Totally standard car.

I was wondering where your needle commonly sits under normal operation?

Hi,

How long does your water temperature gauge take to reach normal from cold? By cold I mean left garaged overnight during the recent warm weather. Mine is at normal in no more than 0.75 mile, it just seemed quick to me and I wondered if this is normal. It doesn't appear to increase at all after this so hopefully nothing to worry about? :)

Normal mate so just chill ;):thumbs:

Hi,

If the temp is normal why does he need to chill the water :shrug:

:p

Hi,

If the temp is normal why does he need to chill the water :shrug:

:p

Come on Dave, :surrender:

As all have said above, thats perfectly normal.

Just for information, the temp gauge has a massive dampened zone in the middle. Once at the normal position even when the temps get 100+ C the needle hardly moves.