Virgin vs BA

tez162003

About to book a trip to NYC for December, but just wondered what airline to use?

I have travelled with Virgin there twice before, thing i liked about them was there 2 bag allowance, but thats gone now :( (unless i go premium travel)

I want to do it cheap as, for 2 adults BA is £60 cheaper overall, but are they any good.

By that i mean, in flight, leg room, entertainment, etc etc.

Anyone flown with both so can compare both first hand?

Any Help appreciated ;)

Used to swear by BA but recently, since they have been under pressure, standards seem to have slipped, not many happy smiling faces!! Flew to South Africa last year with Virgin and they couldn't have been more helpful or pleasant, not much in it in economy for leg room etc. One thing to keep in mind though, BA have huge fleet, so if things go wrong with aircraft they are much likelier to have a replacement in place fairly promptly. The Virgin fleet, by comparison is small. On balance Virgin for me currently. Hope this helps :)

Flown with both to the states, Virgin just shaded it for me. :) Though business must be picking up for BA because i know for a fact that they are taking a couple of stored 747's out of storage from the desert and putting them back into service. They will be fine after a lick of paint and they have brushed the sand off! :lol:

1661449.jpg