Urgent- spark plugs + gasket

karl922

I got 199 quoted as I'm supplying my own parts, for the p2 and plug change. Now they are saying another 199 just to fit the plugs as it's such a big job! Is this right that it's such a big job for the plugs? Bloody stealers!!!

They still don't seem to want to budge, saying it's going to be 4hrs labour for the plugs! What to do? Any other options guys? So all it needs is the strut brace and engine cover off? Mine is a 313 version does this matter?

Thanks guys

They still don't seem to want to budge, saying it's going to be 4hrs labour for the plugs! What to do? Any other options guys? So all it needs is the strut brace and engine cover off? Mine is a 313 version does this matter?

Thanks guys

Call BS and go somewhere else or fit the plugs yourself in an hour. Plugs are less than £50. How much do you get paid? less than £150 an hour I'd wager.

Thanks guys

I fits a 313 surley its not due for plugs yet???? 5years or 50 something thousand, tell them to stick it mate, there quite obviously taking the P**

Thanks guys

I fits a 313 surley its not due for plugs yet???? 5years or 50 something thousand, tell them to stick it mate, there quite obviously taking the P**

Plugs only need doing at 5 years or 54,000 miles. Most seem to change them at around 45,000 miles as that's when they start to go off a bit. You may not need them doing (and the dealer is just trying to pull a fast one)?

Was just about to recommend you ask them exactly what the book time is for a plug change and then I saw Alex's reply to you :) So..if its 1.4hrs they're really ripping the arse out of you :lol:

If it were me I'd remove the car right now and go elsewhere...and let the forum members know which Nissan dealer you're talking about :thumbs:

And iirc they need changing at 5 years or 60k miles. I stopped Holdcrofts from changing them on mine even though the car was 5 years old they had only done 16k :blush:

When it says 5 years or 60k miles it means whichever comes soonest so even if you have done 10 miles they should be changed after 5 miles. Why? Well because spark plugs like to seize themselves into cylinder heads over time and if left for too long there is a strong risk this might happen. 5 years is a long time to leave a spark plug, I wouldn't trust one past 2 or 3 personally - even an iridium plug breaks down, a platinum I would check annually. If a spark plugs is seriously seized in a cylinder head there is a risk it will break when you attempt to eventually remove it, the only way to guarantee the safe removal of a broken spark plug is to take off the cylinder head :scare: which is obviously not good news.

Hi guys cheers for your info on the plugs, mine is an 07 and it's done 50k so wanted to get it all done at once. I told the garage to do one and I've took the car to noblemotorsports in Chesterfield and they were very friendly, helpful and doing the job for less than original quote.

The salesmen at nissan were also rude when I stated it didn't need the manifold taken off and a new gasket aswell. It's the Mansfield garage think it's called Evans halshaw.

Thanks again guys you've save me some pocket money :-)