Totally irresponsible driving

nixy

This should be Nixy's weekly slot.... Nixys driving adventures, makes a good entertaining read!

(But agreed, totally against anyone that does anything else but drive when behind a wheel) And as for CLOD's, dont get me started! Annoys the living *!?* out of me!

However didnt they get a police helicopter, and chased a woman, for driving while eating an apple??

Bit extreme!

Nix, you need a long distance slap oh meter for that silly troll. :blink:

Wouldn't it be good if people 100% concentrated on driving. No applying lippy/war paint, reading a book or newspaper or map, shaving, changing songs on the changer, texting/phoning (illegal down under too), having a row with their passenger, and the multitude of other things you see people doing whilst supposedly paying attention to the road. :headhurt:

Bit off topic but my missus told me yesterday that on her commute she saw a cyclist shooting through a red light and there just happened to be a cop on a motorbike and he pulled him over, she said every motorist that went by was cheering and laughing :lol:

Motorcycle cops are always cool.

Bit off topic but my missus told me yesterday that on her commute she saw a cyclist shooting through a red light and there just happened to be a cop on a motorbike and he pulled him over, she said every motorist that went by was cheering and laughing :lol:

Motorcycle cops are always cool.

So true....

chips_tv_show_image_erik_estrada_and_larry_wilcox__5_.jpg

+99999999

AAAAAaaagggghhh!!!

I hate all these things, especially middle lane drivers. I was in the slow lane and catching up with someone in the middle lane so I had to go through the middle lane to the fast lane to overtake whilst keeping my speed constant. I then pulled back into the slow lane and the car sped up and overtook me whilst staying in the middle lane and slowed down again. So that's another thing I hate on the motorways is people speeding up and slowing down for no reason, especially if the motorway is empty!!!

One of my friends is scared of driving in the fast or slow lane of a motorway because she's scared she'll hit either the central reservation crash barrier or the wall/barrier next to the slow lane. She's a numpty. So she stays in the middle lane because of that.

Have you ever driven in the US? it's a free for all, there are about 10 lanes in every "highway" or "freeway" and no fast or slow lanes. Freaked me the £$%! out

I was a little apprehensive at first. When you get in to it though it's fine. Plenty use of mirrors and blind spot checks and I was thrashing through Miami like the best of them using all the lanes and making decent progress.

Have you ever driven in the US? it's a free for all, there are about 10 lanes in every "highway" or "freeway" and no fast or slow lanes. Freaked me the £$%! out

Sounds like the M25, although it is only 3/4 lanes mostly there is no right or wrong lane to overtake in! So many times I have seen a lorry in front of me being cut up from left AND right :scare: No wonder there are accidents daily on it....

Most annoying thing for me is when its busy, you are in the 'fast' lane and someone decided to not only cut you up but to 'overtake' at the exact same speed as the car they are overtaking!!!!! :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Sounds like the M25, although it is only 3/4 lanes mostly there is no right or wrong lane to overtake in! So many times I have seen a lorry in front of me being cut up from left AND right :scare: No wonder there are accidents daily on it....

Most annoying thing for me is when its busy, you are in the 'fast' lane and someone decided to not only cut you up but to 'overtake' at the exact same speed as the car they are overtaking!!!!! :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

shandy drinking southerners that can't drive! :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nah most of them have a silly blue and white cross sticker on the boot and a tartan rug on the parcel shelf.... I think they are foreign and so probably just not used to the volume of traffic in a big city... :p

• 2 weeks later...

Over the years I'd estimate I've driven 70k miles in The US and the differences are vast. Freeways close to city centres are the worst as the extremely dangerous practice of undertaking is allowed, I just get into lane 2 and stick there till I need to turn off. Sticking in Lane 1 is hazardous as sometimes the lane just ends suddenly. Road safety in The US is still in the stone age compared to here, most states still allow mobile phone use some even allow texting. Seat belt usage is compulsory but in some states like Colorado the Cops can't pull you for it unless you're speeding. Crash Helmets seem to be optional for bikers. Outside of the cities the freeway lanes are separated in many places by medians not barriers. The problem here is that the medians are U shaped so if you have a blowout there's a good chance you'll go into it and roll. Anyone who's been to The US in the summer will have noticed the huge number of shredded tyres littering the roadside so you can assume that blowouts are fairly common. Driving at night can be frightening, due to wildlife crossing the road, most people will hit at least one deer at some stage. Add to that that the US driving test is nowhere near as stringent as The UK test and you can drive at 14/15/16 depending where you live so it's understandable why the death rate is double that of The UK. Americans take tailgating to a level of insanity unseen in The UK. Courtesy is pretty well non existant at junctions, etc, you just have to wait until there's a gap as nobody ever waves you out. America is also pedestrian unfriendly, you have be on your toes when you use one of their crossings as traffic can filter right on red lights and quite often they just swerve around you. Bad driving is something you see every day there....but surprisingly speeding or at least excessive speeding is something that's nowhere near as common as it is here. Don't know why that is, I don't think they have many speed cameras, maybe its a legacy of the old blanket 55mph limit that lasted for many years.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

This is what I was meant by US Freeway medians being dangerous. Obviously, the driver is a complete idiot but if the median had been flat, not grassed and with barriers then the car would not have been destroyed. Someone from The States told me that the reason they don't take road safety serious, is that they regard it as a good source of body organs, especially from bikers.

http://www.wmur.com/video/24740308/detail.html

Pete