motordyne shockwave version 2

ceaser

I was thinking about getting one of these, well half of one as i already have an xyz pipe plus deresonated decat pipes

http://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/ ... x-tdx.html

anyone got any experience of them? Ive read a fair few reports on the version 1 shockwave being very 'droney' whilst cruising but the Mk 2 with resonance chambers is supposed to overcome this.

if anyone has one on their car how does it sound?

cheers

will the xyz pipe work with it, i though it had a longer single section where the removable section was.

Ermmm Random Post~? You talking about the zorst or the ypipe? Think the OP is talking about the Zorst and that the rear cans are resonated....

And no 4hit sherlock!! They are both made by Motordyne!

will the xyz pipe work with it, i though it had a longer single section where the removable section was.

Ermmm Random Post~? You talking about the zorst or the ypipe? Think the OP is talking about the Zorst and that the rear cans are resonated....

oh wise and powerful fiddy

i was asking as the OP said he already had the XYZ pipe, my question was that i thought the XYZ pipe was different from the one in the photo above and that i was wondering if the 2 would work together. there didn't look to be enough space to have an interchangeable section.

and yes i'm aware they're both made by motordyne.

try taking the stick out your arse, i asked a question thats all so less of the hostility.

oh wise and powerful fiddy

i was asking as the OP said he already had the XYZ pipe, my question was that i thought the XYZ pipe was different from the one in the photo above and that i was wondering if the 2 would work together. there didn't look to be enough space to have an interchangeable section.

and yes i'm aware they're both made by motordyne.

try taking the stick out your arse, i asked a question thats all so less of the hostility.

All right... Keep your hair on and put the hair dryer back in its storage spot...

The pics show the zorst with the xyz pipe on it.. the V section and then the box is the "xyz" you can then change the box section for sports or decats... the discussed zorst is then the bit after the Box...

TDX comes with resonated XYZ Y pipe fitted, Ceaser already has a XYZ Y pipe fitted by us a few weeks ago, I think the TDX 2 will be loud unless you have the extra rear silencers like Steve Mr Lizard has fitted(called Gamma silencers_ steve system is actually called a Gamma system will ask if they still make this system still). But I think I might ask Steve if we can bolt his system to my UK 350z to see how noisy it actually is on the road.

Motordyne has decided to stop making their best system the VQ...

All right... Keep your hair on and put the hair dryer back in its storage spot...

The pics show the zorst with the xyz pipe on it.. the V section and then the box is the "xyz" you can then change the box section for sports or decats... the discussed zorst is then the bit after the Box...

the confusion was in the picture above the removable silencer with the quick clamps had 2 exits for the twin system, where previously the XYZ pipe i'd seen was a single exit for the standard exhaust system.

i didn't know they had made different middle sections to accommodate the new exhaust with the twin exits.

The TDX is the same as the orginal Shockwave , both systems use the Stock XYZ Y pipe that is supplied with a resonated silencer that goes into the mid silencer that then splits into 2 outlets, you can then change the rear end of the system to fit Gamma silencers if you so need.

ceaser, get one and let us know :D I'd like the end section of that system...

:lol: you and me both i just know i cant live with a droney car with all the motorway cruising i have to do. i will chat things over with Mark at Abbey and let you know how i get on. Would be very interested to hear how Mr Lizards zorst sounds on/in a standard car.

Im quite keen to do something with the rest of the zorst as with the new decat pipes and xyz at certain rpm you can hear the exhaust flow through the pipes; its not a rasp exactly but it just sounds 'odd' as the standard back box is so quiet that there is no other exhaust noise to cover it up. I know its not just me being over sensitive as taking a friend out in it he said exactly the same thing.

rev it when stationary and it sounds good, better then stock, but quiet - confirmed by non car mad friends.

ive listened to loads of clips of all sorts of zorsts on utube, imho the shockwave sounds the best of the bunch but it looks like the version 2 hasnt made it to the UK yet. Maybe the forum can have a whip round so i can try it out and let everyone know what it is like?? :lol:

:lol: you and me both i just know i cant live with a droney car with all the motorway cruising i have to do. i will chat things over with Mark at Abbey and let you know how i get on. Would be very interested to hear how Mr Lizards zorst sounds on/in a standard car.

Im quite keen to do something with the rest of the zorst as with the new decat pipes and xyz at certain rpm you can hear the exhaust flow through the pipes; its not a rasp exactly but it just sounds 'odd' as the standard back box is so quiet that there is no other exhaust noise to cover it up. I know its not just me being over sensitive as taking a friend out in it he said exactly the same thing.

rev it when stationary and it sounds good, better then stock, but quiet - confirmed by non car mad friends.

ive listened to loads of clips of all sorts of zorsts on utube, imho the shockwave sounds the best of the bunch but it looks like the version 2 hasnt made it to the UK yet. Maybe the forum can have a whip round so i can try it out and let everyone know what it is like?? :lol:

Steves car is far from standard!! Not much inside it but the helmet normally helps to keep the noise out! Tracks it so its track legal on the noise...

Dynamat in the boot normally sorts out most of the droaning esp in the rear arches...As does the thick carpet and the tonnau cover under the rear strutt..

WE're after power not sound :D lol well I am anyway ;) I'll see what my custom shop says about my current setup, like the way its going from 2.5 to 3 in the end of the exhaust, I should be able to at lest replicate that bar the two end,cans.silencers.

Power not sound? have you seen my recent shopping list! :lol:

From chatting to Mark at Abbey it seems that the back box with my setup flows plenty of air up until around 400bhp so i dont think that any exhaust system would make a significant difference, hence why i am concerned it sounds right. Though the morotdyne stuff has shown on loads of independant dynos to give power so i wont complain if it adds a couple of horses ;)

I'm interested in this MD exhaust too, I also want the XYZ, Decat and reflash done with Abbey :teeth:

In fact we're in the same boat as I also do a fair share of M/way miles, so don't want anything too droney for daily driving.

Ceaser let me know how you get on would ya please, I'll do same if I find anywhere stocking these in the UK, or any useful info.

Also, heres a good youtube of the zorst in action, you may very well have already seen it, but its a good'un:

No one carries stock as Motordyne haven't got stock at the moment

They are changing fabricatiors at the moment , stock should be replenished in 6/8 weeks I have been told.

I have been thinking today after listening to Mr Lizards Gamma that if we fit with a race cats I should think it will be okay, I will check it out onmy car , then perhaps we can supply a Gamma system less the XYZ Y pipe so if you all readyhave a Y pipe you dont need to buy the whole Gamma system ( gamma system is the front half of a TDX but with silencers at the back instead off the resonated rear pipes)

Looks like we are going to sea freight stuff in to give you guys a better deal ( most prob want deposits up front thou)

Will let you know ASAP.